Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why do Asian Americans do wo well in school? Are they smarter than the students with other ethnic backgrounds? How many are BUDDHIST?

Why do Asian Americans do wo well in school? Are they smarter than the students with other ethnic backgrounds? How many are BUDDHIST?

Posted - March 15, 2021

Responses

I don't think they're smarter than other groups, I think that their parents' priorities lean heavily towards education.  At one time, the Jews were the same, but now you see so many other ethnic groups taking first prizes in education.  I have always maintained that the surest way out of poverty is a good education or skill.  Without either of those, you'll be relegated to lower paying jobs.  
      March 16, 2021 8:46 AM MDT

The only thing wealthy parents care about is not that their kids get an education but that they get into "the right university". They don't give a dam* about educating their kids. Just that their kids get diplomas from prestigious universities. They're all the same. Worthless social climbers using their kids to bring them prestige they can't get on their own. Misery for the kids who often turn out to be clones of those snotty parents. Circle of life in those circles. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 17, 2021 10:45 AM MDT
      March 16, 2021 3:00 PM MDT

I'm sometimes amazed at how well-educated some people who live in Third World countries are.  They appreciate the ability to learn and have a thirst for knowledge.
      March 17, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

Indeed. Well here the very wealthy buy educations for their kids with endowments or "legacy". Money talks. That's why there are so many stupid executives. As long as you have the money you can buy whatever you think you need in life. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 18, 2021 7:49 AM MDT

Now you don't even have to attend the college - you can print the diploma on your printer and frame it!
      March 18, 2021 7:50 AM MDT

I've seen those ads for leaning at home and earning degrees but I didn't know you could print out your own diploma. Boy they think of everything don't they? I only attended junior college but the fun of the class was being there and having discussions in class and challenging the professor. I just don't see how it works as well at home. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 18, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

I was just kidding about printing out your own diploma. :)  There are people who do that, even though they didn't actually work to get a degree. 
      March 18, 2021 11:38 AM MDT