Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I always imagined as we get older things become easier for us. Boy was I wrong! I failed to factor in hatred and racism taking over. You?

I always imagined as we get older things become easier for us. Boy was I wrong! I failed to factor in hatred and racism taking over. You?

Posted - March 18, 2021

Responses

Hatred and racism have always simmered below the surface.  Trump's behavior gave them the green light to let all out in the open.  
      March 18, 2021 1:35 PM MDT

I know. It was well-known..his racism. He and his dad got nailed in the 70's for refusing to rent to African Americans. Which is why the racists voted for him. I just didn't realize there were so many millions of them. So he ran with it and now the king of HATE. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 19, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

I failed to factor in arthritis.
      March 18, 2021 8:34 PM MDT

Seriously? I have read that everyone eventually gets arthritis who lives long enough. I KNEW that decades ago. I guess you have lived long enough. So it was a surprise then? Thank you for your reply.
      March 19, 2021 2:56 AM MDT

I knew it was coming, but not as bad as it is. One new shoulder and major back surgery with another new shoulder forthcoming.
      March 19, 2021 9:00 AM MDT

Oh my goodness that's very severe. Arthritis caused major back surgery, one new shoulder and one in your future? ARTHRITIS? I did not know they operated on arthritic patients. I've had arthritis since my 50's. It comes and goes and hits hard but is brief. Our neighbor had two knee replacements. I don't know if it was arthritis or osteoporosis. She is quite overweight which did not help. My mom had a hip replacement. Osteoporosis not arthritis. Now there is RHEUMATOID arthritice that is very crippling and debilitating. You don't have that do you E? It twists the hands terribly. Don't respond to anything you don't want to. You know I ask but that doesn't mean you have to answer! Good luck futurely. Hang in. Thank you for your reply. When is the forthcoming set? Not yet? This post was edited by RosieG at March 19, 2021 10:32 AM MDT
      March 19, 2021 10:31 AM MDT