Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Poetic justice and irony delivered to his door...eventually. Parts of the Mar a Lago resort CLOSED DUE TO COVID 19 BREAKOUT! Just desserts?

Poetic justice and irony delivered to his door...eventually. Parts of the Mar a Lago resort CLOSED DUE TO COVID 19 BREAKOUT! Just desserts?

Hoisted on his own petard as it were so to speak?

A perfect eventuality just waiting to hit hard and hit big. It did. What next?

Posted - March 20, 2021

Responses

Guess he wasn't satisfied that because of his neglect the virus spread through the WH he also had to let it spread through his business. Our oldest son  works at a care home and there hasn't been one coronavirus case there because the care home took lots of precautions and they spent lots of money on cameras that measure a persons temperature if they had a temperature the outside door would stay locked so they could not enter. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 20, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

That is impressive Nanoose. Here in the states it is those places that had the worst hits early on. The nursing homes or assisted living places. You'd think the opposite would be true. But close quarters of vulnerable people and staff who didn't realize the enormity of the problem soon enough. Those long-distance "cameras" are magical. We walked into a Kaiser many months ago for something and didn't know that to our left about 20 feet away a temperature taker had recorded our temperatures! I just couldn't get over it. I think I made a small scene in fact! They chuckled. Before you used to have to have a thermometer stuck into an orifice. Now it's like a radar gun that can tell how fast you are going from a distance. Only it measures your temperature! HOW? I dunno. I'm glad your son works at place smart enough to abide by the guidelines. You live in a country known for being very smart. At least I think so. Thank you for sharing that with us. A few countries in Europe are now back on LOCKDOWN. I fear the same will be true of the USA what with some of us being clueless and uncaring and totally stupid dumb! Not so for Canadians! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine. This post was edited by RosieG at March 21, 2021 2:48 AM MDT
      March 21, 2021 2:46 AM MDT