Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Inherent in EVIL are the seeds of its own demise. FOOTOO exemplifies it to perfection. Are the seeds of its own demise inherent in GOOD?

Inherent in EVIL are the seeds of its own demise. FOOTOO exemplifies it to perfection. Are the seeds of its own demise inherent in GOOD?

Posted - March 23, 2021

Responses

I hate to break it to you but mankind as a whole, which includes you and me, is evil at heart. So, by pointing fingers at others and declaring them to be evil, you, I, and everyone else judge ourselves. However, if you don't believe what the Bible has to say or don't care what it says then I'm sure you will ignore my answer.

Proverbs 19:3 ESV
    When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the Lord. 

1 John 1:8-10 ESV
    If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.
    Jeremiah 17:9 ESV

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
    1 Corinthians 2:14 ESV

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
    Mark 7:21-23 ESV

For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” 

March 23, 2021 5:24 AM MDT