Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Condolences to all Coloradans. Once again you're in the news. Condolences to those who've visited or have family there. Have you/do you?

Condolences to all Coloradans. Once again you're in the news. Condolences to those who've visited or have family there. Have you/do you?

Posted - March 23, 2021

Responses

One of my nieces lives there, but not near Boulder.  
      March 23, 2021 10:32 AM MDT

That's good. We LOVE Colorado and always will. We LOVE Boulder and always will. A piece of our hearts remain there. We feel so very bad for them. Thank you for your reply L! :) In which city? Rich lived in Denver for two years and taught at the University there. His then-fiancee whom we will always adore is from there.  The lasst we heard she worked at the main branch of the Denver library. A wonderful beautiful state with so much gun-related tragedy visited upon it. SIGH. :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 26, 2021 8:16 PM MDT
      March 23, 2021 12:01 PM MDT

Manitou Springs.
      March 23, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

Thanks L. Never heard of so I shall Google it! :) Happy Saturday to ya! :)
      March 27, 2021 8:23 AM MDT

I have a lot of family there.  My husband grew up in Westminster, which is exactly halfway between Denver and Boulder.  My mother-in-law and my stepfather-in-law also live in Westminster, as do one of my cousins (mom’s brother’s daughter) and her wife.  Another one of my cousins (mom’s brother’s son) lives in Broomfield which borders Westminster on the north.  Both of my uncles live in Colorado.  My mom’s brother and his wife live in Castle Rock and my dad’s brother and all of his family live in Brighton.

My stepfather-in-law has something that always happens to him.  Whenever he travels somewhere, he always runs into someone he knows.  It’s always a coincidence.  At my wedding, my stepfather-in-law recognized my dad’s brother from work.  They already knew each other, they just didn’t know they were both going to the same wedding, lol.

Anyway, before last year, my husband and I always took a vacation to Colorado around Christmas and New Year.  We always stayed in a nice hotel in Boulder because that’s our favorite spot.  If I had to live in a state other than my own, Colorado would be my first choice.  If I had to live in a city, I would want to live in Boulder because it’s my favorite city.

The recent shooting there was kind of worrying because my family members who live there shop at King Soopers, just not the one in Boulder, so it made me think about the what if.

This post was edited by Livvie at March 27, 2021 8:24 AM MDT
      March 26, 2021 8:15 PM MDT

I surely am grateful I don't have to say "condolences for your loss" to you Livvie. So you know and love the state and specifically Boulder. I mean a college town in one of the most beautiful places in the world...Colorado! While we took a day trip to Boulder from Denver we visited the Celestial Seasonings Tea plant. I mentioned it before on the mug. It's the only tea I buy now because I connect such good memories to it and visualize the tour and the gift shop and the fun we had there. What I remember most was going into the PEPPERMINT TEA room. Or trying to. The aroma of the PEPPERMINT was so strong we had to walk right out. I'm not kidding. I mean when you have a cup of peppermint tea the aroma is very faint.  But they had an entire room devoted to peppermint! The tragedies that Colorado has already experienced due to gun violence is sad but it keeps happening. I wish I knew why. They've had way more than their quota. Think I'll ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2021 11:48 AM MDT
      March 27, 2021 8:30 AM MDT