Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So far the press does not have access to the holding cells at the border. If you have nothing to hide why not allow access NOW?

So far the press does not have access to the holding cells at the border. If you have nothing to hide why not allow access NOW?

It is the job of the press to INFORM the public. It cannot do that if it is prevented from doing its job.

Open honest transparent. That is what Biden sold us about himself.

This is very troubling. Disturbing. Disappointing. Unexpected. I speak only for me not thee.

Posted - March 23, 2021

Responses

I must admit that I am troubled by this recent development.  Having said that, I ask myself what parents send their minor children off to another country alone?  Some of these kids are very young and are unaccompanied.  When they overwhelm the system, what are we to do?
      March 23, 2021 10:31 AM MDT

I am as well sweetie. I am as well. ON DAY ONE Joe should have addressed that. I know he couldn't address everything on day one. Still. Thank you for your reply. As of now I read that thousands upon thousands keep walking to the US border. Nothing seems to dissuade them since what they run from is certain. What they head for has potential possibilities. How will it end? Thank you for your reply L! :) Rather I should ask WHEN will it end?
      March 28, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

I don't know how it will end, but it is something that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.  I wish I had a solution.  Can you imagine how bad things must be in their home countries for parents to send their tender-aged children off alone on such a dangerous journey.   
      March 28, 2021 8:27 AM MDT

It is mindboggling. And on top of that we have these monstrous "parents" who murder their own kids because they are annoying or get in the way. I read the other day about someone who raped an infant. How sick must you be to do that? Our precious children in America are sometimes cruelly and monstrously treated by those who are supposed to protect them or care for them. I hope there is an afterlife to deal with such as them. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 28, 2021 10:00 AM MDT

I have never understood how an adult could harm a child - or a pet.  
      March 28, 2021 10:34 AM MDT

Nor do I but there are countless monsters among us who live to harm hurt destroy. Why that is I do not know. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 29, 2021 4:04 AM MDT

I believe in many, if not most, cases, it's the circle of abuse.  They were abused as children and so they abuse as adults.  Hard to break that.  
      March 29, 2021 8:41 AM MDT

That m'dear is what I shall never understand. What you have been subjected to should make you more sensitive to abusing and one who was abused should never pay that forward. I think doing that celebrates their own abuse. Which makes absolutely no sense because those they abuse are not their abusers. If you GET BACK AT innocent people because of what was done to you what does that make you? For starters insane. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 29, 2021 9:08 AM MDT

I think that children who are abused mentally and/or physically do become mentally disturbed.  You would think they would be more sensitive, but abusers do it for the power over others.  When you are abused, you feel powerless.  When they turn around and abuse, they take back that power.  It's a very sad state of affairs.
      March 29, 2021 9:14 AM MDT

I cannot imagine the terror I would have felt being separated from my parents at a young age or any age before I became an adult. Callous purposeful and effective. Allegedly that was the brainchild of Stephen Miller. I'm not certain about whose idea it actually was but whomever it was should roast in he** on a spit side by side with FOOTOO forever! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 3, 2021 4:51 AM MDT

I can't either.  I remember the first time I went to sleep-away camp and that was only for three weeks and my parents knew where I was.  These kids have no idea what they will face.  I feel terrible for them.
      April 3, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

I never went to camp. I did go to sleepovers but that was just one night. I had one too onetime. They are totally tons of fun! Being away from home for 3 weeks? I don't know if I could have handled that. But maybe I would have loved it! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 3, 2021 10:10 AM MDT

After the first week of homesickness, I loved it and when the three weeks ended, I didn't want to home.  I went to camp for five years and those are the times in my life that I loved the most growing up.
      April 3, 2021 10:12 AM MDT

Wow! Have you kept in touch with any of the kids? What kinds of things did you do? What kinds of foods were provided for you to eat? What was your most favorite thing about it? Thank you for your reply L. Of course your parents could afford to send you there. My parents couldn't. But even if they could I very much doubt I'd willingly go. Home is my favorite place in the world since I can remember. At 83 it still is! Some things never change! Thank you for your reply m'dear!  Did your sisters go with you too?
      April 3, 2021 10:39 AM MDT

No, I lost touch with those kids when we were to old to go to camp.  We had arts and crafts, learned how to swim, took nature walks and learned to identify flowers and trees, learned how to ride a horse, had an overnight camp-out in tents and we slept in sleeping bags.  In the morning we made fried eggs and toast over a fire.  We sang songs and played games.  I loved it.  My parents couldn't really afford it but and aunt and her husband got us in because they contributed to keep the camp going.  I don't recall what we ate, but we did have ice cream one night a week after dinner. :)  I do like home, but I loved being away and feeling more independent.
      April 3, 2021 10:45 AM MDT

Thank you for sharing that memory with me. Did you have a "best friend" that you saw each year? :)
      April 3, 2021 11:06 AM MDT

I had three best friends.  They were a set of twins, Rebecca and Loretta, and their brother, Joey.  They lived in Booklyn and we always made sure we attended camp for the same three week time period.  Every now and then I think about them and wonder where they are now.  
      April 3, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

WOW! Lucky be thee! Ever GOOGLE them? Or at least JOEY whose surname would not have changed? Nice memories you have there m'dear! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 6, 2021 6:15 AM MDT

I couldn't find any of them on Google or a couple of the other sites i checked.  One looked promising, but they wanted $10 for a subscription and I wasn't even sure Joey would recall who I was. :)
      April 6, 2021 1:46 PM MDT

I do that from time to time. Google a name of someone. But I'm not going to pay money to look for people who might not remember me or might be dead. Anyway living too much in the past I think is not very good! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 10, 2021 5:54 AM MDT

I agree.
      April 10, 2021 8:01 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 28, 2021 7:48 AM MDT

Agreed.
      April 28, 2021 7:53 AM MDT

I do not like the closed in small storage buildings. 
    This is dangerous to the children.  Anyone could enter and abuse a child. 

The open fencing was better. You could see the kids and know no one was being abused. By an adult or another child. 

I do not like it at all.
      March 25, 2021 7:26 AM MDT