Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In a long-ago TWILIGHT ZONE episode people died from the intense heat because the sun was moving closer to the earth. Didja see it?

In a long-ago TWILIGHT ZONE episode people died from the intense heat because the sun was moving closer to the earth. Didja see it?

Our earth is heating up. Is the sun moving closer or are other things going on to heat it up?

Think we are more apt to die from intense heat, disease, lack of water, wars?

How will we become extinct? Through our on diligent efforts or due to things outside our control?

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

In this case, it's anthropogenic - a combination of pumping teratons more carbon dioxide into the air than it can cope with, and massive deforestation curtailing the planet's ability to deal with it.
    Geological and astronomical causes are SLOW - we're talking tens of thousands to millions of years. The current CO2 spike has occurred since the Industrial Revolution, 200 years or thereabouts - an eyeblink. The only thing that can alter the environment so drastically is such a short period of time is ... us.
      March 29, 2021 3:10 AM MDT

I just finished research weather/temperature vis a vis human life R. I'm going to ask it because what I found was amazing fascinating! Thank you for your informative reply m'dear and Happy Monday to thee and thine! You'll recogize hands down easy peasy! :)
      March 29, 2021 3:55 AM MDT