Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What causes tornadoes? A mugger described seeing an F5 from a mile away. If you were caught in one could you survive it?

What causes tornadoes? A mugger described seeing an F5 from a mile away. If you were caught in one could you survive it?

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

I know exactly which watch it is. :)  It is most beautiful because of its simplicity - less is more.  I had a Julius Weil watch that was given to me as a gift by one of the partners in our old law firm.  It was very expensive and somehow, the clasp opened, it fell off my wrist while I was coming home from the subway one day and I never fund it although I went back and retraced my steps.  I felt terrible.  I have a Seiko now which looks almost like the Weil and I love it.  I need to have the crystal replaced as it cracked.  I also have an Omega which my parents bought me when I graduated from high school.  That needs a new band.  
      April 3, 2021 10:18 AM MDT

So you totally understand. Why am I not surprised? I think we share a great affinity for simplicity. Lies are a lot more complicated than simply telling the truth. Simplicity rocks. Duplicity sucks! And so it goes! Thank you for your reply L. I'm so sorry about the clasp that failed. Maybe someone somewhere found it and appreciated it. I hope so. :)
      April 3, 2021 10:35 AM MDT

I do hope whomever found it got as much pleasure from it as I did.  Yes, it's easier to tell the truth.  People who lie have difficulty remembering what they said which is how they get found out in the end.  
      April 3, 2021 10:46 AM MDT

I tell the truth not because I am a goody goody but to be caught in a lie would be absolutely humliating to me so that's why I don't lie. I'd rather take "it" up front and then forget about it than lie and wonder who will be the first to out me? Not worth it. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 3, 2021 10:59 AM MDT