Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Back in the day in the long ago and far away we had milk from cows. Today we have milk from oats almonds cashews and coconut! Your fave?

Back in the day in the long ago and far away we had milk from cows. Today we have milk from oats almonds cashews and coconut! Your fave?

Oh and for those allergic to cow milk there was goat milk.

Posted - April 1, 2021

Responses

I buy 1% milk from cows.  You can't milk a nut or an oat - it's not milk.  
      April 1, 2021 9:49 PM MDT

Jim is a milk nut "nut". Currently in our fridge is whole milk (my fave), Dark chocolate almond, cashew, oat, coconut. I am not joking! I use some of the chocolate in my coffee each morning with some 1/2 and 1/2. I just think calling it "milk" is weird though inside a coconut is coconut "milk" and we don't question that. Anyway I LOVE having lots of choices don't you? Thank you for y our reply L. Also I use whole milk when I make creamed cauliflower. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 2, 2021 2:38 AM MDT

I love nuts of all kinds, but not as milk.  I like half and half, but it's too fattening and I don't need anymore than I already have!  Yes, milk from a coconut seems odd, but that is a naturally produced product - not something created in a lab, chemicalized and served as faux-milk.  
      April 2, 2021 10:13 AM MDT

You know my life today eating wise is quite upside down from what it used to be. I struggle to stay no lighter than 110! The most I ever weighed was 150 when I was pregnant but I averaged around 135 for many decades. I was ALWAYS on some diet or another.  Somewhere in my early 40's the weight thingy seemed to stablize.Then I got cancer diagnosed in December 2007 and did the surgery January 2008 and then six months of chemo/radiation and after that my weight was around 120. Then when COVID got started I was so sick for about 5 days. No lung impairment but misery was my companion.I have zero idea what that was.  I lost more weight then and haven't really got it back. I don't think I'm eating that much less but I must be. I weigh every morning and fear having dropped more weight. It is the weirdness thing. I don't want you to ever worry about your weight. I betcha you are one hot tamale! Oh. I LOVE tamales. When my sis and brother-in-law lived in California for one birthday they treated me to two days in Las Vegas. Both mornings we ate breakfast at the Rio Hotel (did I tell you this before?) They had the normal person breakfast of eggs and bacon and hash browns and toast and coffee...Me? THREE TAMALES both mornings!! So there ya go! Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 2, 2021 11:54 AM MDT
      April 2, 2021 11:03 AM MDT

I would have a ways go before worrying that I don't weigh enough. :)  I would probably appeal to a ma who likes women they would describe ad Rubenesque. :)
      April 2, 2021 11:55 AM MDT

Yes. Garys' two wives(who lives in northern Nevada now)? Zaftig. He is tall and lean. It's nice that there is a customer base for every size! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 3, 2021 3:30 AM MDT

Thank heaven for that. :)

Edited for spelling. :) This post was edited by SpunkySenior at April 3, 2021 10:20 AM MDT
      April 3, 2021 8:38 AM MDT

EXACTLY! :)
      April 3, 2021 9:50 AM MDT

Cows'  milk for me, usually semi-skimmed. (Fully skimmed is a bit too weak for my tastes.)

I've not tried goats or sheep milk; nor the cheeses made from them. In parts of Eurasia, horse milk was the one available since time immemorial, and I think is still common there. I have no idea if it's sold anywhere in England - maybe another Briton on here will put me right if it is!

Nor have I had any alleged "milk" made from wood-seeds or soya, except Coconut "milk"... It's been very many years since I sampled that, and it was fresh too, from a coconut my Dad had bought; but I seem to remember not liking it very much. 

Not only cows' milk, but local cattle, too. Most of the milk and some of the cheese I buy is from local shops supplied by a dairy farm on good rich pasture land, barely ten miles away.
      April 4, 2021 4:31 PM MDT