Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Condolences to our British friends on the passing of Prince Philip. What effect if any will that have on the government?

Condolences to our British friends on the passing of Prince Philip. What effect if any will that have on the government?

Posted - April 9, 2021

Responses

NOne. The Royal family keep well clear of politics. 
      April 9, 2021 7:44 AM MDT

They DO? Oh. So they keep out of that lane then? I did not know that Malizz. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      April 10, 2021 4:45 AM MDT

Thank you for your condolences, Rosie.

To answer your question - none.

Ours is a Constitutional Monarchy in which the sovereign is the politically-neutral Head of State, but the State is managed by the Government and Parliament.

Further, the Consort acts in many ceremonial occasions, honorary military duties and as the figurehead for various charities, but has no constitutional position.

We are heading for by-elections though, and the parties have temporarily suspended campaigning out of respect.
      April 9, 2021 2:07 PM MDT

From an outsider's point of view I think Prince Philip was an EXCELLENT consort for the Queen. What royalty should be. Dignified supportive diligent meticulous gentlemanly. I think the Queen chose well. Now if I'm wrong about that it's due to ignorance. I've not heard of anything scandalous about him.  Thank you for your reply Durdle. I have a little girl's view of royalty. I think all royals should be NOBLE. Some of them are that. Some not so much. I wouldn't make a good royal. I think there is a lot of protocol and obligation attendant thereto that is forced upon them whether they like it or not. Putting the good of your country above your own desires is NOBLE. :)
      April 10, 2021 4:10 AM MDT