Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I've never taken a shot with a Taser or a with a gun. Do they feel exactly the same in the hand or is there a significant difference?

I've never taken a shot with a Taser or a with a gun. Do they feel exactly the same in the hand or is there a significant difference?

A cop dame allegedly shouts TASER as she shoots with a gun and the target dies.

Is the shooter dame cop a very stupid dumb cop or is there no way to tell the difference between shooting dead with a gun or stopping temporarily with a taser?

Anyone have any experience with both?

Posted - April 13, 2021

Responses

I have not shot a pistol nor a tazer. 

We are not talking about just target shooting etc. We are talking about a split second decision while under adrenalin. While actively fighting with a criminal.  
    She will get some form of manslaughter. 
      April 13, 2021 6:38 AM MDT

I have fired numerous pistols. They jerk backwards when fired. Tasers don't.
      April 13, 2021 10:04 AM MDT

They do? Thank you for your informative reply E. So firing a Taser would be like firing a water pistol? I've done that. It's way fun in the summer when you're in your bathing suit and "shooting" at other kids just to cool off. Thank you for your reply. Is that "jerK" backwards stronger the bigger the gun? I just thought of a question. This post was edited by RosieG at April 16, 2021 8:34 AM MDT
      April 16, 2021 6:07 AM MDT

I have fired a .45 Colt many times. Takes two hands.
      April 16, 2021 8:35 AM MDT

It does? Lordy it must have quite a kick when you pull the trigger. Is it very heavy? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      April 20, 2021 4:23 AM MDT

I've never used a taser, but I've held one. I've also fired a pistol. A gun is MUCH heavier and the grip is totally different.
      April 16, 2021 6:11 AM MDT

I would think so though of course I am personally unfamiliar with either one. I do know what water pistol feels like though and I would imagine a Taser is kinda like that. Are they made of metal or some kind of plastic R? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      April 20, 2021 4:24 AM MDT