Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you expect more from the citizens of your country than you do of foreigners? Case in point?

Do you expect more from the citizens of your country than you do of foreigners? Case in point?

Remember Grace Kelly who became a Princess? Always gracious graceful ladylike. Can you imagine her having given an interview to Oprah Winfrey similar to the interview Meg and Harry gave? I can't.

I don't know what they were thinking to achieve by doing it but I cannot think of one good thing that has come from it. Harry and Meg chose to break away from Royal life and duties. That's fine. Why didn't they just stop at that? What they had to say was no one's business but I guess they thought they'd get something beneficial out of it. Did they?

Posted - April 15, 2021

Responses

I think you and I come from a generation where family problems were kept private.  We resolved our issues amongst ourselves without broadcasting them to the universe.  Today's young people are different - everything is up for public discussion.  I'm don't doubt that Harry and Meghan's issues with the Royal family are valid, but I think it was embarrassing for them to air them the way they did and it won't solve a thing.  
      April 15, 2021 8:10 AM MDT

Me too just as it saddens and embarrasses me when former spouses rant out loud about one another. Unforgivable in my opinion. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      April 15, 2021 8:49 AM MDT

Some things not everyone needs to know.
      April 15, 2021 9:31 AM MDT

EXACTAMUNDO! Thank you for your reply L. FYI I had to go to my bank today and the $1400 hit the account April 7! Just between thee and me. OUR secret! ((hugs))
      April 15, 2021 11:10 AM MDT

Glad you got your check. :)  I can't recall the last time I went to the bank.  I use the ATM.  My pay is deposited automatically.  
      April 15, 2021 12:41 PM MDT

That's good. Early on you had to decide if you wanted social security checks to be mailed to you or automatically credited to your account. Now WHY would anyone choose snail mail is beyond me! But I go to the bank each month to pay my VISA bill. Which is the same amount each month. I have two email accounts. The one I had when we lived in Riverside and the one we've had since moving to Hemet. I wanted to KEEP it so I am charged monthly. I get cash at the bank as well. I do nothing on the internet financially EXCEPT for the automatic social security credit. NOTHING! I also didn't band together internet and tv. We get our internet access through the phone. Long ago a very computer smart guy said when I asked "should I get it combined" he said he wouldn't and doesn't and didn't think I should so I don't. So far it's working well! Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 16, 2021 6:43 AM MDT
      April 16, 2021 4:56 AM MDT

I hardly write checks anymore.  I pay most of my bills online.  I don't have my TV, phone and internet bundled either.  If one goes out, they all go out.
      April 16, 2021 6:45 AM MDT

What happens if the internet goes down for days due to sabotage? That's what I fear as well as thieves hacking my account. I'm small potatoes for hackers I know. I just like to control everything and I don't want stuff going on "behind my back" I don't know about. I don't buy any online either. I'm a handson shopper. Very touchy feely! As for the bundling you are exactly right. Sure at the front end it's cheaper. But you lose one you lose all. Phone TV internet. You pay for what you get and that getting is not what I want! Besides a very smart computer guy advised me against it years ago. I like to save money as you know. But there are somethings I refuse to sacrifice and peace of mind is one of them! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      April 20, 2021 7:04 AM MDT

All your points are valid, but the convenience of doing things on line has me hooked.  I am not hooked up to wi fi so there is less opportunity for someone hacking me.  
      April 20, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

You know at the market I am the only one I see who writes checks. Everyone else uses a debit card. I've asked cashiers if I'm the last dinosaur and they laugh and tell me no others write checks too. There are more like you out there than there are like me. I cling to what makes me comfy even though is takes longer to do. Old habits are hard to break. Thank you for your reply L! :) I'm still using my old desktop computer and still running Windows 7. I still miss XL and I'm dreading when/if I have to move on to Windows 10 or whatever it might be. SIGH. This post was edited by RosieG at April 22, 2021 8:59 AM MDT
      April 22, 2021 3:38 AM MDT

When I shop, I just want to get in and get out so I use my credit card unless it's under $25 in which case, I pay cash.  I liked Windows 7, but I did upgrade to Windows 10 because I figured they would eventually get rid of 7 and then I'd have to do it anyway.  I'm bad with change, but that wasn't as difficult as it might have been and by now they've worked out the kinks.  In some ways, I'm also a dinosaur - especially when it comes to my cell phone which is almost an antique. :)  I dread having to get a new one when this one goes.
      April 22, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

Well when Windows 7 dies I'll just go to the computer guy nearby and have him install whaever I must. I'm a fan of XL so there ya go! No cell phone for me but Jim has a smart one. He "plays" with it a lot. I'm not a cell phone fan. I NEVER answer it. If he is in the shower or somewhere I just listen and let him know who called. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 27, 2021 12:21 PM MDT

I do.  Cheers!
      April 15, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

What good or benefit did they get Nanoose? Assuming everything said was true do all truths DESERVE to be revealed? I'm not so sure. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 15, 2021 8:48 AM MDT
      April 15, 2021 8:47 AM MDT