Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Heads of state would have attended the funeral of Prince Philip to pay their respects. The pandemic prevents it. How much does size matter?

Heads of state would have attended the funeral of Prince Philip to pay their respects. The pandemic prevents it. How much does size matter?

Limited to 30 people. Very small.

Does the bigger the numbe of mourners there are indicate bigger respect? Or are numbers in a case like this unimportant?

Posted - April 17, 2021

Responses

This was an event where mere numbers did not matter. The Heads of State and others who would otherwise have attended, would have understood and respected the situation; and still sent their condolences.  
      April 19, 2021 3:26 AM MDT

I think it is a wonderful tradition when Heads of State show their respect for one another and are able to "pay their respects". But it was not to be due to the Pandemic. Had there been many more in attendance would anything about the funeral been different? I guess it would have been unseemly for any of his relatives to give a speech. A memorable if indeed sad thing to witness as an outsider. I can only imagine what it meant to you and the country. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Is it appropriate or inappropriate to say GOD SAVE THE QUEEN? Apologies if it is but I'm ignorant about such things. This post was edited by RosieG at April 19, 2021 3:51 AM MDT
      April 19, 2021 3:36 AM MDT