Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I was dead wrong. What about?

I was dead wrong. What about?

I honestly didn't believe there could be 12 people on a jury without one of them AT LEAST being a racist. Mea Culpa. Very glad about that. I'd like to very wrong again futurely in the same way. I hope. SIGH.

So how are you about this? Didja call it in advance or are you surprised too?

Posted - April 21, 2021

Responses

I did call  it in advance  but I was still a lititle surprised. The person who was really surprised was the cop after they read the verdict and they put him in cuffs he was shaking his head in disbelief  because he was likley sure he would get away with it. Cheers!

April 21, 2021 9:01 AM MDT

He shouldda known when 10 cops testified AGAINST him. When all the bystanders testified AGAINST him. He is quite likely a stupid dumb and so had no idea what all of that anti him testimony would lead to. Stupid dumb cops are everywhere. Those who aren't suffer for it. I think the cops who aren't should get rid of the stupid dumbs for their own safety. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      April 21, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

I believe a jury could conceivably have decided Chauvin was guilty just by watching the video - even if there was no witness testimony.  However, the witness testimony against Chauvin was overwhelming.  I don't see how there could have been even one juror who disagreed - and there wasn't one.
      April 21, 2021 1:04 PM MDT

I thought there are so many white supremacist fascist racists that in any group of twelve at least one would be represented. I was wrong. Glad of that. We know the brainwashed only "think" what they are programmed to "think". No exceptions. Look at all the times the guilty person walked and you'll see how rare this outcome is. But you KNOW that L. Thank you for your reply! The gal who took the video was 17 at the time. Her presence of mind to film that is astonishing to me. But she like the others feels guilty that they did not intervene in some way to stop the murder. That store clerk said if he hadn't questioned the $20 none of that would have happened. So he feels guilty. So many people were permanently damaged that day. And the fact that there are still justifiers PROVES the brainwashing works. :(
      April 22, 2021 2:14 AM MDT

These days, too many people see what they want to see, now what is really there because it furthers their beliefs.  Choosing a jury is as important as what the attorneys present at trial.  Clearly, they did a really good job and the jurors are to be commended for their decision.
      April 22, 2021 9:15 AM MDT

It's just so rare and unusual to find any jury willing to find any cop guilty of anything. GUILTY ON ALL THREE COUNTS? My gosh that is extraordinary. All the cops who testified AGAINST the murderer? When does that ever happen? The meticulous prosecution based on FACTS. The defense was ludicrous ridiculous absurd. Stretching for the most wild-a** reasons that Chauvin did not commit the murder millions saw him commit. Don't believe what you saw or heard? Seriously stupid at best the defense had lost before it presented anything. And those "experts" who testified for the defense? What cesspool did they come from I wonder? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 23, 2021 8:02 AM MDT
      April 23, 2021 3:08 AM MDT

I would have been very difficult for the defense to mount a more serious defense since a video was available and showed everything.  He did the best he could with what little he had.  As far as defense witnesses, you will always find some "expert" willing to say what you want him to if he's paid enough.
      April 23, 2021 8:03 AM MDT

I'm sure they make a killing financially. For hire. Whatever you want. No exceptions. Payment in advance...CASH ONLY. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 24, 2021 4:15 AM MDT

They DO get a lot of money.  I wonder how Chauvin is going to pay his attorney.
      April 24, 2021 8:26 AM MDT

The attorney who provided crap defense? No attorney could have done any better. Chauvin committed murder and it was witnessed by millions. Dozens in real time and the world afterwards. There is no wiggle room at all anywhere. Cops testified AGAINST him. How often does that happen? Multiple experts testified against him. Those who testified for him are crap and hirable by anyone if the price is right. They don't care about having a crap reputation. SHOW ME THE MONEY is all they care about. All Republicans no doubt. Probably FOOTOO will do a fundraiser and get a bazillion bucks most of which he will pocket but maybe some of which will go to pay for the ambulance chasing Chauvin "lawyers". I expect there will be appeals. Meanwhile he lives in jail and coulde be a target like pedophiles are? I don't know. We'll see. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      April 25, 2021 3:33 AM MDT

The defense attorney had nothing to work with, so it wasn't a crap job that he did, it was a crap defendant he was representing.  Trump will have nothing to do with Chauvin.  
      April 25, 2021 11:59 AM MDT

You mean Chauvin is too bad for the devil himself? You mean that FOOTOO wouldn't have pardoned him?

Why would ANY attorney take on the task of defending a Chauvin? A crap attorney would defend anything and anyone for a price. Reputation be dam*ed. So again we disagree. The ambulance-chasing crap attorney went down in flames. Well deserved. Thank you for your reply. Here comes another question.
      April 26, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

Trump couldn't care less about Chauvin because Chauvin can't do a thing for Trump.  

Defense attorneys, good, bad or otherwise, believe that everyone deserves to be represented.  I don't know why these guys decided to represent Chauvin, but they did.  
      April 26, 2021 10:19 AM MDT

That's what I don't get. A Hitler deserves to be represented?. A FOOTOO too despite the grievous harm he did and is still doing?. I don't think much of a profession that gives monstrous evildoers a robust defense. Thank you for your reply L! :(
      April 26, 2021 10:23 AM MDT

Yes.  Our legal system provides that every defendant is entitled to be defended - even if he's guilty.  
      April 26, 2021 10:26 AM MDT

AARRGGHH! How much money is invested and wasted on defending the guilty? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply L~ :)
      April 26, 2021 10:28 AM MDT

A person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  
      April 26, 2021 10:29 AM MDT

Hahahahahahaha! Derek Chauvin too? What a crock of bullpuckey. Millions saw him commit murder...a couple doezn i n REAL TIME. "presumed innocent until proven guilty". Seriously? That is the problem with the cockamamie judicial system in the USA. A joke and not to be taken seriously.

Do you take that seriously when you KNOW the perp is guilty? How? This post was edited by RosieG at April 26, 2021 10:33 AM MDT
      April 26, 2021 10:32 AM MDT

Innocent until proven guilty applies to everyone and that is the basis of our legal system.  In Chauvin's case, there was a lot of video; in other cases, it's not that black-and-white.  If you knew you were not guilty of something you were charged with, would you want to be pre-judged before all the facts were out?  Don't you think you would be entitled to a defense?
      April 26, 2021 10:37 AM MDT

Chauvin KNEW he was guilty L. If I were not guilty I would not have had all the witnesses and evidence proving my guilt. But Chauvin was so arrogant and sure of himself he kept on knee necking the man who was at least DEAD fir 3 minutes and glared and dared because he KNEW he'd get off. He was wrong.

Being SET UP with evidence planted would make you appear to be guilty. But when you KNOW you didn't do it you would like someone to believe in you and defend you. Derek Chauvin not only knew he was guilty he enjoyed it and relished it and flaunted it. We are talking one SPECIFIC occurrence...Derek Chauvin... and then comparing it with innocent people tor whom circumstantial evidence or being set up is operative. It is a false comparison in my opinion. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply L. This post was edited by RosieG at April 26, 2021 10:44 AM MDT
      April 26, 2021 10:42 AM MDT

The law is supposed to apply to all.  I'm not going to argue this with you.  
      April 26, 2021 10:48 AM MDT

Okey dokey. Signing off for now. I bid you a fond adieu!
      April 26, 2021 11:28 AM MDT