Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you ever served on a jury or are you like me and all you know is what you see in the movies or on TV?

Have you ever served on a jury or are you like me and all you know is what you see in the movies or on TV?

If you have served what did you experience during your service?

Posted - April 22, 2021

Responses

I've been on 2 juries.  I don't recall what the first one was for. The second one was about a young man who killed his best friend in a car wreck.  Thankfully it was settled out of court by day 4, because it was overly graphic.  
      April 22, 2021 2:16 PM MDT

Condolences to you for having to go through that Shuhak. I would have nightmares for weeks probably. I am very impressionable. I close my eyes when we're watching TV if I think something graphic is coming up and I just ask Jim to tell me when it's safe to look. I know how chicken that sounds but I am. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 25, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

I'm the same way.  I tried to tune some of it out by writing and drawing on the pad they gave us for notes.
      April 25, 2021 1:30 PM MDT

You ARE? You are very brave from my point of view considering what you've been through this year just surviving from day to day! I mean all those weeks of fires alone and crapped up air and smoky ash-filled skies which was your environment? Healthwise what did that do to your lungs? Then to top it off this Pandemic thingy and everything you do to get through that too? You know what I don't get? Those folks who go out of their way to be scared. They seek out the bloodiest slasher movies for whatever reason. Anyway thank you for your response and Happy Monday to thee and thine Shuhak. Have you been vaccinated yet? Last week vaccinations were opened up to those over 16. How about your sister and her family or are they anti-vax? :)
      April 26, 2021 2:42 AM MDT

I get my second shot wednesday.  My sister got her second shot today, her husband gets his second tomorrow. They want to reinstate "family night", and the only way to do that is if we're all fully vaccinated.
      April 26, 2021 4:38 PM MDT

Very cool m'dear! Exceedingly good! Thank you for the info Shuhak. One less thing to worry about. Others will follow of course. What next? I dunno. But we will ride it out! Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 27, 2021 3:59 AM MDT

Nope! I've escaped that little annoyance for the past 30 years.
      April 25, 2021 7:13 AM MDT

I was called up a couple of times but never served. The litigants settled out of court. I think at some point you get to be too old and they stop wanting you. It's just as well for me. I don't have the right stuff to listen to ghastly testimony or look at even ghastlier photos. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Monday to thee and thine. I know not every jury has to experience that but it would be just my bad luck to get on a gory-case jury. :(
      April 26, 2021 2:45 AM MDT