Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly about 8% of those who opted for a two-dose vaccine aren't showing up for the second shot. Possibly an error in tracking. How?

Allegedly about 8% of those who opted for a two-dose vaccine aren't showing up for the second shot. Possibly an error in tracking. How?

If you get the second shot at a different location that may account for it.

Why care? Because the second shot COMPLETES the protection. Without it you might not be protected from some of the mutant/variant strains.

Are you one who won't get the second shot?

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

I do not plan to get the shot.  

If I did, I would only get the first.  As it is the 2nd, that seems to be giving people problems. 
      April 26, 2021 1:06 PM MDT

That's why we held out for the J&J one-shot and done! You don't get vaccinated so your kids don't too, right? How swell of you to be so loving and considerate of their health safety and life. Tsk tsk tsk. Thank you for your confession and admission and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine m2c. So how long do you think your kids will survive being unprotected? This post was edited by RosieG at April 27, 2021 3:50 AM MDT
      April 27, 2021 3:50 AM MDT

My kids are of age they ccan get it if they want. (No they do not plan on it)

My kids are all in there 20s...there is virtually 0% threat to them.. They will live to be old people. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 27, 2021 4:08 AM MDT
      April 27, 2021 4:06 AM MDT

Mine is scheduled for wednesday - same place and same time as the first shot.  They need to stick these anti-vaxers together on an island somewhere and leave them until they kill themselves off.  I have the right to be healthy, but now their right to be an a$$ supersedes my rights.  Welcome to the new US!
      April 26, 2021 6:11 PM MDT

Get your shots.  You will be fine.  (Hopefully) 
    But if you get your shots....someone who does not have the shot is NOT a threat to you. Especially if you continue basic hygiene..which we all should be doing regardless.
      April 26, 2021 7:31 PM MDT

No kidding! The ones who have always been anti any vaccination are bad enough. But those who are doing this to make some stupid dumb dumba** political statement? A pox on them and their progeny for all eternity. Stupid dumbs will live on sadly. How do we exterminate them (figuratively not literally)? Any ideas here m'dear? Glad you're almost there safety-wise. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      April 27, 2021 3:48 AM MDT

Some of the 8% may have forgotten. Others might have become frightened by a mixture of both official actions and unofficial scare-mongering. Still others might have become complacent, not understanding that we do need both doses. (Some other vaccines, such as against tetanus, do as well, but at intervals of years rather than weeks.) 

I booked both of mine together, and have a document reminding me; and I think I will also receive a phone or e-mail reminder. This is done without a tracking scheme, but in forming the appointment. They do use the same centre for both doses though.

We do seem to have different systems here though, as my sister was not given her second appointment with the first. It seems to depend how it's booked. I used the NHS national on-line service which offered me a choice of venues up to about 50 miles away. I think she's relying on her local health-centre though it's still NHS.
      April 27, 2021 2:01 AM MDT

I was going to ask if you'd gotten your shot or shots yet. So you are booked. We lucked out and got the Johnson & Johnson which just fell right into our laps by happenstance. It all happened in one day if you can believe it. We found out via a local resident who out of the blue just told us in passing that a Hemet pharmacy near us was giving the J&J. I called to make an appointment. They said it would be for the following week. THE SAME DAY I received a call about 3pm and was told two appointments were available that afternoon and would I like to come in! Of course I said yes. We went in. Filled out some paperwork. Waited about 15 minutes. Got our shots and stayed there another 15 to make sure we were okay and then went home! Two miles away from home. I still can't believe it happened that way. I was holding out for the one shot. Sometimes the most awesomely miraculous things just occur without warning! The blood clots that appear affected women 18-48 we were told. Well I'm 83 and Jim is 85 so we never had an ounce of worry.Glad you're in the pipeline to be protected. Thank you for your reply. I don't know what effect the anti vax folks will have on our ability to conquer this though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 27, 2021 2:15 AM MDT
      April 27, 2021 2:12 AM MDT