Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Love in the Time of Cholera. (Well, almost.) In COVID19 times, for those of you who still physically go into grocery stores/supermarkets as

Love in the Time of Cholera. (Well, almost.) In COVID19 times, for those of you who still physically go into grocery stores/supermarkets as

opposed to online grocery shopping and/or having them delivered, are there certain items or products you no longer buy because other people touch them, whether that is at the processing stage, packaging stage, stocking stage, other customers, etc.?
~

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

No. We never modified any of our shopping habits.  

We are no longer locked down or even under a mask mandate now.

Funny thing is even with online shopping people are still touching your items.  And I have been told by an employee who fills the online pickup grocery orders....they do NOT sanitize the bins that they use to fill the orders. 
      April 26, 2021 1:12 PM MDT

“ . . . they do NOT sanitize the bins that they use to fill the orders.

THANK YOU!  

I have a conspiracy-theorist neighbor who saw me unloading groceries from the car and could not wait to inform me that he would never walk into a supermarket because too many people have touched the products and getting them delivered in triple plastic-wrapped boxes was the only way to go. 

I rolled my eyes so much that I need to have a speedometer and an odometer installed in my head. 

April 26, 2021 3:57 PM MDT

It would be impossible for absolutely no one to not touch the items you buy on line.  I do my own shopping and, at the risk of being considered a Neanderthal, I don't wash my produce when I bring it home.  I put it in the fridge and eat it when I'm ready.  I have never gotten sick from anything I bought in the supermarket.  I did, however, get violently ill about ten years ago from a burrito I had at Taco Bell and I have never eaten at another Taco Bell since then.
      April 26, 2021 3:19 PM MDT

“It would be impossible for absolutely no one to not touch the items you buy on line.

THANK YOU!  

I have a conspiracy-theorist neighbor who saw me unloading groceries from the car and could not wait to inform me that he would never walk into a supermarket because too many people have touched the products and getting them delivered in triple plastic-wrapped boxes was the only way to go. 

I rolled my eyes so much that I need to have a speedometer and an odometer installed in my head. 

April 26, 2021 3:55 PM MDT

I'm sorry ...

And this is why I often feel as though I'm banging my head against a wall when I get into certain "discussions" here.
      April 26, 2021 3:58 PM MDT

Lol, I know what you mean. 

~

April 26, 2021 3:59 PM MDT

Why did you repeat yourself?
      April 26, 2021 4:21 PM MDT

Because each of them gave distinct answers to which I then replied, I wanted to stress to them separately the parts of their answers that struck a chord, and then inform as to what prompted my original question. The description field was already completed, so I decided to expound individually. 

~

April 26, 2021 8:19 PM MDT

Okey dokey
      April 26, 2021 8:20 PM MDT

I don't have a problem with the items I buy being touched by others. And I haven't changed my shopping habits.
      April 26, 2021 4:22 PM MDT

I go to the market about every 10 days.  But I thrilled because I found an outdoor produce market out in the country right on my way to see my mom.  I stopped in Saturday and met the sweet folks.  The market is at the farm.  They sell raw cheese, raw milk, and raw butter along with huge brown eggs beautiful veggies.  So I'll go to the market even less now because sometimes when I go the only thing I really need is produce.
      April 26, 2021 9:12 PM MDT

I am more concerned about getting E-coli from my groceries than I am about getting Covid-19. I have not changed the precautions that I take.
      April 27, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

Not really
      April 27, 2021 2:43 PM MDT