Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Have you ever stopped helping someone financially because he or she was not doing enough on his or her own, and instead was primarily

Have you ever stopped helping someone financially because he or she was not doing enough on his or her own, and instead was primarily

relying on you to save the day all the time?
(This would not necessarily be one-time assistance that you provided, it’s more of ongoing support either several random occasions or a set periodic arrangement.)
~

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

I've never helped anyone financially on an ongoing basis.  I supported my children, perhaps a little more that I should have, once they finished their education.  I just kept paying for the mobile phones and car insurance for a short time.  It helped them ease into complete independence.  For my very small family, yes, if emergency happened I got the call.  It was and still is fine if any of my few family members need help for them to call.  If I can I do.  I don't loan money though.  Period.  If I help, there is no debt incurred.  Help is not always about money though. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 27, 2021 2:56 PM MDT
      April 27, 2021 2:53 PM MDT