Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The PLAN is grand. Jaunty. Hopeful. It is also very expensive and requires the obscenely wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes. UH-OH?

The PLAN is grand. Jaunty. Hopeful. It is also very expensive and requires the obscenely wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes. UH-OH?

Posted - April 29, 2021

Responses

That aint gonna happen.  If there's one thing the wealthy know how to do well it's how to hold onto their money - be they an individual or a corporation.  They'll lie, cheat, bribe, tie up the courts for years, jeven ump from continent to continent (planet to planet?), just to hold onto their precious wealth.  Believe me, they aint gonna pay jack; and ain't noone gonna make 'em either.  And anyone who thinks they can is only deluding themselves.  

April 29, 2021 4:20 PM MDT

If I told you this before apologies for the repetition. After graduating from junior college I entered UCLA. A friend from PCC (Pasadena City College) and her mom moved from Pasadena to Westwood Village and invited me to live with them while we attended college. I told my friend I was going to try to get a part-time job at BULLOCK'S Westwood. An upscale store in the wealthy neighborhood. She said "don't bother. They aren't hiring." I bothered and I got the job. So when someone tells me something is impossible I pay no attention. I think Joe is the same way. He is going for it and who knows? Something extraordinary might come from it. If he doesn't try I'd be disappointed. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I always do what makes sense to me. I don't care what anyone thinks! :)
      April 30, 2021 2:13 AM MDT

It's doable, but requires a LOT of work and busting the filibuster is part of it. Making DC a state will also help - never mind that the "Founding Fathers never intended DC to be a state" (Loychik, R, OH), there are 37 States which the Founding Fathers never intended to be states either, given that in 1776 the Good Ole US of A was the 13 colonies and absolutely nowhere else. Beefing up Interpol will also be necessary to prevent tax evasion by offshoring corporate profits - tax it as it goes out. Closing the loopholes is also a necessity.
      April 29, 2021 4:30 PM MDT

You know why THE BIG LIE FOOTOO political party will die literally before they make D.C. a state right? Because it is mostly DEMOCRATIC voters who live there. That's the why of disenfranchisement. Taxation without representation. Wasn't that the reason for the Revolutionary War? But I sure am happy that Joe is taking on so much and pushing through with optimism which appears to be relentless so far. You know what I think maybe will happen? Ya know how FOOTOO kept repeating THE BIG LIE and now millions of dunderhead crackpot nutjobs believe it? I think Joe is going to keep repeating things too. GET THE SHOT being one of the things he says everytime he stands before a mike. Hear it often enough and you believe it and do it. I know it's gonna be an uphill fight extended but when there is hope in your heart it is amazing how much energy d stamina and strength you find within. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      April 30, 2021 1:48 AM MDT