Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » So if we hit LIKE the person we LIKE gets points like on AB?

So if we hit LIKE the person we LIKE gets points like on AB?

Posted - October 24, 2016

Responses

*Shrugs shoulders. 

~
      October 24, 2016 8:16 PM MDT

Yes. You and the other person get a credit. There's a full list of actions and their value listed in the credits section: http://www.answermug.com/credits/faq
      October 24, 2016 8:20 PM MDT

What happens if someone hits 'Like' on his or her own posts?
    ~
      October 25, 2016 12:42 PM MDT

• A cookie falls through the hidden slot. :)
      October 25, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

Karen, is that what they mean on the internet settings where it says clear cookies?  I had better not do that again.   I am missing on some great treats.

I hope you like shortbread, I'm sending you some through that there slot.  It is where my chatroom used to be.
      October 25, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

• I looooove shortbread!! :)
      October 25, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

Thank you, JA.  

This I totally understand.  It is clear.  I will remember it.

Appreciated.  Now I will go ahead and like everyone so I can again be number 1.  
      October 25, 2016 12:47 PM MDT

Good incentive for liking you!
      October 25, 2016 8:45 AM MDT

B...bu...but, but I already like you!  Why do we need a piece of paper to prove to people what we have together?

~
      October 25, 2016 5:18 PM MDT

Because I didn't fill one out the last three times and I lost a whole lotta alimony, buster.  Our emotions are not worth the  LIKE I am asking you to post each time we meet. 
      October 25, 2016 5:21 PM MDT

Is this an opportunity that says, you would like us to read your palm??  Please allow me to step up to the plate...

It looks like you have a very long life line..
    And you have had and/or are going to have 3 long meaningful relationships.  One in the first trimester of your life. One 1/2 through and the biggest and longest until death as your third. 
    It's good to see you are faithful Randy D.
    Of course, only the hand knows... Giggles! 
      February 7, 2017 12:48 PM MST

• I gave away over 1,000 the other day. When they build up to 500 again, I'll give them away as well. 
      October 25, 2016 8:54 AM MDT

GIVE them?  Now I am losted.  What is the point of that one?  I am NOT giving my points to anyone.  Sorry.  I will LIKE  you, but my points are what I earned on here.   That makes no sense whatsoever.   That is my tally sheet.   It's how I used to keep track on AB. 

When you just give them away, it makes them less than what the intention was in the first place.  Who cares how many points there are if someone is giving you half of theirs?   I don't like that idea at all. 

ATTENTION:  Do not GIVE me any points.  I can do that on my own, Muggers.   Just LIKE me if you like the answer and I will do the rest myself.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 25, 2016 5:19 PM MDT
      October 25, 2016 12:52 PM MDT

• It's not really points, it's credits. You use them to send gifts to other members. 
      October 25, 2016 12:55 PM MDT

Karen, if you get a point when someone hits LIKE?  It is points.   Period.  If you give gifts with them, that is points with benefits. 
      October 25, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

Wait, Roshandra, won't you go blind or grow hair on your palms if you like yourself too much or too often?
    (I'm merely looking out for your welfare; I always do.)

Randall, are you speaking of masturbatory tendencies?   We are not allowed to even log on if we are found with that anomaly.   No, the masterba"teurs"* are in the Adult Section.

*not to be confused with "masterbators".  Masterba"teurs" are gourmet masterbaters (or is it bators?) and must be given their own special "adult" rooms so as not to infect us hand virgins.   (I don't do that.  We all know it is dirty down there)

October 25, 2016 5:26 PM MDT

Moi?  No, that's not what I meant at all. Is this the thanks I get for watching your back?
    __
      October 25, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

won't you go blind or grow hair on your palms if you like yourself too much or too often?   What does that mean to you?   You lie faster than Trump.
      October 25, 2016 6:03 PM MDT

But Sharline, it's me, your ol' pal!
    ~
      October 25, 2016 6:40 PM MDT

Haven't you ever given someone a gift certificate so they decide what they would like.  Karen uses her points in the same manner.  Besides, whether it's a gift certificate or cash or you purchase a gift for someone, it remains a gift nonetheless.  And let's bring this down to the least common denominator here.  These are "VIRTUAL" gifts, where nobody actually "gets" anything.  So if Karen wants to use her points that way, good for her.

You said when someone just gives them away, it makes them less than what the intention was.  If that was the case and it was AM's intention they not be given away, why do you think they created the option of doing just that.  Don't you think they would have not made than option available if it wasn't their intention?  So perhaps, contrary to your belief, it WAS the intention of AM to allow members this choice.  You said who cares how many points there are.  I think you do because you even care how one gets their points. Personally, I could give a hoot about points.  I never even knew how to look up my points until Karen said she was giving some of hers away so I asked someone.

Besides, if the high value you seem to place on points is shared by the majority of members, what that tells me is when one member gives their points to another, they must think quite highly of them that they're showing their appreciation.  

You said you don't like that idea at all but nobody is forcing it down your throat.  It's for those that want the option.
    It's rather sad when some equate points to popularity/value on some tally sheet.

October 25, 2016 9:36 PM MDT

I am going to do better than that Winged as soon as I learn how to operate this site.  Maybe in 2020?

• A reason to "like" everybody!  AnswerMug might be the beginning of World Peace! :)
      February 7, 2017 12:42 PM MST