Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you spend any time at all with relatives or acquaintances you dislike? Why?

Do you spend any time at all with relatives or acquaintances you dislike? Why?

Posted - May 6, 2021

Responses

Nope.  If I don't like them, why on earth would I want to torture myself by being around them?  After all, I dislike them for a reason.
      May 6, 2021 4:14 PM MDT

Some families always get together on holidays Shuhak and brace themselves. Ya got Uncle FOOTOOHEAD and Aunty Dipstick. He talks about how FOOTOO was cheated and how Democrats are evil. She talks about all the places she's been and drips with her Rolex  watch and flashydiamonds and namedrops and place drops. Then ya got the atheist and the holy roller attacking each other. Worst case of course but some families are exactly like that. Yours isn't so you're lucky. Back in the day I don't remember ever talking about politics. Not once. Today we are all consumed by it. "Didja hear what they're doing in Texas Florida Arizona to disenfranchise voters"? And we're off and running. The FOOTOOHEAD insists it's all about FAIR elections! MY A**. You get the picture? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 7, 2021 10:10 PM MDT
      May 7, 2021 2:10 AM MDT

Acquaintances, not by choice. I'm acquainted with them through work, or my kids. I have to spend work time with colleagues I'm not a fan of, and my daughter has a friend who I can't stand but when she visits I'm polite to her on my daughter's account.
      May 6, 2021 7:50 PM MDT

I always loved my work. I didn't always "love" or like everyone with whom I worked. You're a good dad and kind. I don't recall anyone of my son's friends I disliked but of course I did have my favorites. Do you know why that is R? Is it her attitude or demeanor? Does Maureen feel the same way? Anyway I'm sure your daughter appreciates you greatly. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine.
      May 7, 2021 1:42 AM MDT

Drama Queen. I will put up with that in pre-schoolers, not in a grown woman almost 30.
      May 7, 2021 2:06 AM MDT

Oh vey! Thems the worst! I wonder what your daughter sees in her? Obviously something is there she thinks is worthwhile. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      May 7, 2021 2:13 AM MDT

There's no one. All the relatives I never liked are dead from cancer.
      May 6, 2021 8:43 PM MDT

Different kinds or the same kind of cancer Zack? Condolences even though you didn't like them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you! :)
      May 7, 2021 1:38 AM MDT

Not if I can avoid it. 
    I do not live in the same town as most of my family so it is pretty easy. 
      May 7, 2021 5:50 AM MDT

Distance lands protection as well as enchantment. Some aren't so lucky though maybe luck had nothing to do with it? Planning did? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      May 7, 2021 6:20 AM MDT

No not planning it just worked out that way.  I get along with the majority of my family.  There are just a couple. That I would not like my children/grandchildren exposed too. 
      May 7, 2021 6:22 AM MDT

Thank you for the clarification m2c! :)
      May 7, 2021 6:24 AM MDT