Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If everyone only ever said what was TRUE wouldn't our disagreements/differences be very few?

If everyone only ever said what was TRUE wouldn't our disagreements/differences be very few?

Those who lie believing it is the truth are their own separate ilk and should be isolated on an island as lepers are for the well-being of everyone else.

Those who lie KNOWING they lie also must live with the ones who lie believing they don't. They belong together like PP&J and no one ought put them asunder from one another or each other till death them doth part.

Happy life without strife. Liars and LIAR BELIEVERS live each day being free of those who annoyingly insist on telling the truth. What could it hurt? Who would be harmed? Everybody WINS. Who has a problem with THAT?

Posted - May 6, 2021

Responses

I'm sure the human race would find a way to kill each other with that primacy in mind regardless. My my my aren't we all an arrogant bunch.
      May 6, 2021 7:12 AM MDT

No m'dear. Not ALL. But lots. Usually it comes from the supersmart dingoes or the superrich or the super political.

What I don't get is why you think that is our nature. To kill regardless. It may be true but if so why so? For me personally the only thing that makes any sense at all is working together. We are all in the same boat (life) headed for the exact same destination(death). How much easier would it be to row in the same direction rather than keep fighting one another for supremacy? Simple logic. Nothing obscure or abstruse or particularly intelligent. Common sense. What could it hurt to try it out for say two hundred years? Just sayin'. Thank you for your reply Zack. Are YOU arrogant? About what? Happy Thursday to thee and thine. I shall ask to see if folks out there are honest enough to answer the question. This post was edited by RosieG at May 6, 2021 10:40 AM MDT
      May 6, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

I'm going to say no.  We have disagreements precisely because we're all different.  Each of sees things from a different perspective, yet we tend to assume that others see it our way.

Lying is deception, not disagreeing.
      May 6, 2021 4:08 PM MDT

Many truths depend on one's point of view. Like when Obi-Wan told Luke that Darth Vader killed his father (not quite true as anyone who knows the story will realize - Anakin was still there down deep, and in killing Sidious he effectively "killed" Vader and resurrected himself).
    Is m2c lying when she blindly defends the enormities of His Royal Orangeness? Am I when I attack them? Neither, we take opposing viewpoints, but both stating the truth as we see it.
      May 6, 2021 4:31 PM MDT