Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Assuming you aren't already who/whom would you be if you were obscenely wealthy? Would it change you not at all? How could that be possible?

Assuming you aren't already who/whom would you be if you were obscenely wealthy? Would it change you not at all? How could that be possible?

Imagine never once having to worry about paying bills or sending your kids to college? Never once having to know "what it costs" in advance of doing something? Living a life of calm content privilege. Always being able to afford anything you wanted?

I have no idea whom I'd be. Quite possibly as much of a jerk as many obscenely wealthy people are. OR maybe I'd be one of the good ones who give back and share and try to make the world a better place. I wonder what the chances of that are?

Posted - May 8, 2021

Responses

I need some dental work. I would probably most of the money away, and would basically just be my old self.
      May 8, 2021 5:23 PM MDT

Any specific groups you'd give your money away to E? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      May 9, 2021 2:02 AM MDT

Son, daughter, sisters, brother, wife, step-daughter, grandkids etc.
      May 9, 2021 11:53 AM MDT

Oh. Keep it all in the family? No charitable causes other than that? Thank you for your reply E and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      May 10, 2021 3:22 AM MDT

That whole thing would make me more of a recluse than I am now.
      May 8, 2021 5:26 PM MDT

A regular Howard Hughes, eh?
      May 8, 2021 5:29 PM MDT

EXACTLY!!!
      May 8, 2021 5:31 PM MDT

Howard Hughes was insane. Are the obscenely wealthy all crackpots? This post was edited by RosieG at May 9, 2021 11:50 AM MDT
      May 9, 2021 2:08 AM MDT

You know Zack I never thought of that aspect or possibility. The very wealthy are always newsworthy. I'm a kinda sorta recluse too except for showing up on the mug daily. I don't like attention and that's why fame was never on my list of wants. I always thought being very wealthy would make you wonder if anyone liked or loved you because of whom you were or was it the money that drew them to you? I wouldn't mind it for one day though. BEING OBSCENELY WEALTHY. 24 hours. How I would spend them I have no idea. Thank you for bringing up something I didn't consider. I think lots of folks WANT attention. They can have it!  Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      May 9, 2021 2:07 AM MDT

Probably a household name, given that the only way I could have acquired that kind of wealth is if I had had the time to pursue music as a career rather than a hobby. I'd still be me.
      May 9, 2021 3:52 PM MDT

Are you very certain of that R? You'd still be the you you are today? Unchanged by wealth? I'm not so sure about me. I'd like to think I wouldn't snob out and become one of "them" but how do I know? Scary thought. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      May 10, 2021 3:24 AM MDT