Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I'm so thrilled that people are moving out of California. Is it unconstutional to FORBID any newcomers to move here from elsewhere?

I'm so thrilled that people are moving out of California. Is it unconstutional to FORBID any newcomers to move here from elsewhere?

I mean they're not "OUR KIND". We don't want them here. Can we block them from coming here legally or must we militarize the borders and stop them with something they understand?

Joking you say? Oh no. Not. I am a snob and very particular whom I let into my state. I don't truck with just anyone. I have my standards. What do I demand? That's for me to know. I know it when I see it. Just like everyone else.

Except I don't care how cute or clever or kind or intelligent or talented. They won't be "OUR KIND". See how it works? That is how it has always worked everywhere.

Wrong religion
Wrong ethnic makeup
Wrong politics
Wrong beliefs

What gives me the authority to judge? What gives anyone the authority to judge anyone about anything?

Posted - May 8, 2021

Responses

CA is losing a House seat this time.  NY is losing 2 1 as well. 

We have gotten a few new people from CA in my town.  My husband told them to remember why they left and do not vote for that stuff here. This post was edited by my2cents at May 8, 2021 5:34 PM MDT
      May 8, 2021 8:44 AM MDT

Why would your husband think he has a right to tell anyone how to vote?  
      May 8, 2021 11:28 AM MDT

Just conversation. And it turned to politics. They began complaining about CA politics.  And he told them to remember that when they voted here. 
     For what it is worth...they agreed 100%.    
      May 8, 2021 5:29 PM MDT

New York is only losing one seat.  If you look at the whole country, states whose legislators are controlled by the Democrats only have a net loss of one seat and states whose legislators are controlled by the Republicans only have a net gain of one seat.  In the big picture, I don’t think that’s a huge change.  Here’s the map of the winners and losers:

May 8, 2021 12:16 PM MDT

Ok. Thank you I must have heard wrong. 

I am sure it will not change much as House seats get gerrymandered for the incumbents to keep their seats. 
      May 8, 2021 5:32 PM MDT

:):):)
      May 9, 2021 3:17 AM MDT

Of course it's illegal, in addition to just being wrong. And it's not "your state." Not even the governor has that kind of authority.
      May 8, 2021 5:56 PM MDT

DAGNABBIT! Thank you for your reply SSB and Happy Sunday to thee and thine.
      May 9, 2021 1:51 AM MDT