Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » WHAT IF the entire internet worlwide were SHUT DOWN FOR REPAIRS FOR ONE YEAR? Who/what would be most severely affected?

WHAT IF the entire internet worlwide were SHUT DOWN FOR REPAIRS FOR ONE YEAR? Who/what would be most severely affected?

Posted - May 8, 2021

Responses

Probably, international commerce, particularly in money, but if the Internet had to be closed officially due notice would be given. More likely any such shut-down on such a massive scale would not be for repairs, but an act of aggression. 
      May 8, 2021 1:57 PM MDT

If it were done without warning? I'm thinking of a very small tiny example Durdle. Some of us were on Answerbag just interacting as we always had. All of a sudden WITHOUT WARNING it shut down. I think there was some feeble "thank you for your being here" or some lame worthless tag line. If we had had some warning we could have gotten email addresses from some of our pals who wanted to stay in contact. At least we wouldn't have lost them altogether. Say a few days at least. Now that was not earthshaking but it was kind of mean. We just lost touch with some very good people. So what would YOU do if you had three days warning? We don't do anything online of any financial nature. Besides being here I GOOGLE every day to find out answers to things. It's my 24/7 library accessible when I want. I look up recipes every day too. It's how I stay in touch with folks but of course there is always a phone call. How would it affect you? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      May 9, 2021 2:34 AM MDT