Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some folks abhor anything that begins with "WHAT IF"! Is it because they have no imagination or because they are terrified of what follows?

Some folks abhor anything that begins with "WHAT IF"! Is it because they have no imagination or because they are terrified of what follows?

Of course the unknown is frghtening. Not knowing what is out there or if you will survive it can't be comforting.

Even so what would the world be without imagination? A better place or dreary colorless predictable dull boring endlessly unbearable?

Posted - May 10, 2021

Responses

Frightened of having to think, perhaps...
      May 10, 2021 3:43 PM MDT

That very well could be the problem. Can you even imagine that Durdle? I worry about losing the ability to think. As one ages the spectre of senility looms large and scares me. My mom lived to her mid 90's and in her later years did suffer from that. I don't know whom I'd be if I couldn't WHAT IF. It takes you to places you would think about visiting otherwise. I wonder if over time homo saps are becoming less thoughtful and more robotic/automatic? Are there any studies about that? I mean are there are philosophers up and coming and what are their philosophies? So far as I can see money is the foundation of so many things. What is philosophical about money and making it? I think I shall ask. Maybe someone out there can enlighten me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      May 11, 2021 1:29 AM MDT

Keeping that natural curiosity of your alive will help keep your brain healthy!

I don't think we need worry too much about humanity generally. There will always be the passive non-thinkers and there always have been, but generally there are still plenty who do think deeply about things.
      May 13, 2021 3:12 PM MDT