Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So you were bullied by some crapheads! Did you get back at THEM or pass it forward? If you did the latter you are scum. Don'tcha think?

So you were bullied by some crapheads! Did you get back at THEM or pass it forward? If you did the latter you are scum. Don'tcha think?

Just because you got beaten up you beat up innocents? Are you really that crazy? Pass if forward means GOOD THINGS not craphead things. Whassa matta you if you did that? Sheesh. And the beat goes on.

Posted - May 14, 2021

Responses

I believe the majority of those who "pass it forward" don't do it on purpose.
    Research has consistently shown that those who were regularly abused early in life, tend to grow into abusers.
    Their developing brains were programmed that such abuse was normal.

As I've said on here before, I was consistently bullied in school ... but I had a loving, non-abusive home life to counter.
    I did get revenge on occasion ... and there are still people I wouldn't help if their life literally depended on it.
          (but I don't seriously plot to go out of my way to get revenge on them.)
    There are even a couple individuals that I will literally crap on their grave, if they die before me.  Or, at least, take a dog to do it.

Anyway ... that is how hazing continues to be a problem.
    "Well, I went through it, so did all lower classmates before me.  It's tradition."  
    Thus, if it's a tradition, there must be a good reason for it.  So it should continue, even if I didn't enjoy it when suffering it.

May 14, 2021 2:07 PM MDT

Circular thinking? "If it' a tradition there must be a reason a good reason for it. So it should continue....."? AARRGGHH and OY VEY!  I wasn't bullied exactly but the other kids thought I was a weird duck in grammar school. "Teacher's pet". In high school I was voted the most "sophisticated" in my senior year. I very much doubt they ever looked up the definition.. Can you believe that? Me? That just flummoxed me. I was the shy kid. The loner. The one who LOVED learning and counted the days during summer when school would start again. I mean what "normal" kid is like that? I always wished I had the gift or luck or talent to be well liked by everyone. You know. POPULAR. But I never was. The popular kids had a way about them . My "baby" sis was and is popular. She draws people to her like a magnet. I was first born so maybe that's why. But I never paid anything hurtful forward. In 7th grade we were called "scrubs" and the 8th graders were the unkind ones. I don't remember ever "getting back at" intentionally. I never saw the point to it or the value in it so I didn't. Now if a well-placed word here and there smacks some smart alec down it is just the way my mind works. Not premeditated. No  plotting or planning or calculating. Mostly I avoid ignore. I'm not a warrior but I'm also not a pushover. Sigh. I just wonder what kind of lives the revenge retaliation folks live?. Can you imagine 24/7 plotting to get back at or harm? In politics it is especially prevalent. Politics attracts the "get back atters" I guess. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      May 15, 2021 1:46 AM MDT