Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Did you know that some of your notifications can disappear unexpectedly?

Did you know that some of your notifications can disappear unexpectedly?

I had 14 notifications, I had clicked on the first 4 or 5 and answered them, each time going back to the list for the next one in succession. After about the 6th one, I went back to the list, and the one I had just answered was gone from the list. All of the others were still there, because I had not yet selected "Mark all as read".  

How many others are getting away from us without us knowing?
Curious. 
__

Posted - October 25, 2016

Responses

• The notification system here is a headache. 
      October 25, 2016 5:50 AM MDT

I wish that clicking a notification would take us DIRECTLY to that person's post instead of making us start at reply #1 and scroll through each and every successive one to find it. On questions with dozens of replies it's so cumbersome that often I avoid the effort. 

:[
      October 25, 2016 5:55 AM MDT

• I agree.  A lit of times it will take me to the very last response,  especially if there are more than one page.  We don't have the option to delete them either.  I do not feel the need to have to click on each and every one of them to get them to go away...  ..that is when they do go away. I have quite a few that I cannot delete,  and quite a few that lead nowhere. I have clicked on them and they have taken me to show who all is on chat.  WTF???
      October 25, 2016 6:11 AM MDT

• I'm also getting duplicates. It will tell me so-n-so liked my post, then it will say the same so-n-so liked your post. When I click on it, it's the exact same post so either we can like something twice or I'm getting duplicates. 
      October 25, 2016 11:23 AM MDT

Someone can unlike it and like it again.
      October 25, 2016 12:24 PM MDT

• Ok, that explains it. I was beginning to think some had super powers on here, or I was just going crazy....which is probably closer to the truth. :)
      October 25, 2016 12:26 PM MDT

In the works...
      October 25, 2016 12:24 PM MDT

Thank you. 

~
      October 25, 2016 12:30 PM MDT

Hindsight, maybe it's the inconsistent format that's getting you. My dev did code in jumps to most of the notifications. (Mind you, notifications and the activity feed are separate codes and each type of activity is coded differently.) See the areas that I highlighted. Those are the jump links in the actual notification. If you're clicking to see a reply to you, clicking the question  will take you there. If you're looking for a new post/ answer on something, you click the word post to jump to the right place. I kind of think it makes more sense to have the question part be a link to the general question, with the word reply/ post being a link that jumps you to the right place, but I could also have the dev remove the link to the question altogether and just have the whole thing be a link that jumps you to the right place. O_o If you have any thoughts on this, let me know.

Also, if there are any that are truly missing jump links, can you open up a feedback to me and list them? This post was edited by Just Asking at October 25, 2016 12:58 PM MDT
      October 25, 2016 12:57 PM MDT

Everything I used to be able to do on here has disappeared unexpectedly.
      October 25, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

If I read what you said correctly, a notification you clicked on left your list. That's what they're supposed to do. They haven't been doing that and apparently it's intermittent when they do, but I wouldn't consider it cause for alarm. Confusing, yes, but it doesn't really bump it up on the list of dev projects. Now, if you're saying you lost a notification you didn't touch, that would be concerning. If we're losing unread notifications, I'd bump it up on the list for sure.
      October 25, 2016 12:35 PM MDT