Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We have heard "to everything there is a season." Currently in America it is the season of hate. How long will it last? Known/unknown?

We have heard "to everything there is a season." Currently in America it is the season of hate. How long will it last? Known/unknown?

Posted - May 17, 2021

Responses

Hatred never goes away.  Some try to whitewash it, but its always there.
      May 17, 2021 12:21 PM MDT

I think it takes a lot more energy and effort to hate. Why folks insist on doing it beats me. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      May 17, 2021 12:23 PM MDT

I don't.  I think it's easier to hate.  I takes energy (effort) to get to know someone (as a person) -  their culture, their beliefs, their likes and dislikes, (and such).  Blanket hating, however (skin color, ethnic background, and such) doesn't require as much effort. 

Which is easier - 

Saying that all people with "x"-colored skin are bad (either due to one bad experience or just because others say so), or taking the time to know an individual, regardless of their skin color?

I seriously doubt that most white supremacist have even talked to a black person (as an individual person).  All they know is hate told to them by others.  
      May 17, 2021 1:46 PM MDT

I disagree emphatically with thee! The emotion of HATE is extremely strong relentless and enervating. HATERS are engulfed in it 24/7.The violence of the emotion and its steadfastness is for me much greater than loving. Loving for me comes very easily. There is NO EFFORT INVOLVED AT ALL from my point of view. Getting to know people who appeal to you is a joyful thing. I don't know why you see it differently Shuhak. The venom required to HATE great coursing through one's veins 24/7 does great damage to the body. What damage does love do? I shall ask. Have you ever HATED anyone? I'm sure you have loved. If you have never hated then how would you know what it feels like? I never did until Footoo and I HATE AND DESPISE him. What that does to my body and spirit is very unpleasant. Thank you for your reply. Here comes a question. This post was edited by RosieG at May 18, 2021 11:37 AM MDT
      May 18, 2021 3:37 AM MDT