Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » REVERSE RACISM is alive and well in the USA. A black mayor will give interviews one-on-one only to "black and brown" journalists. WHAT?

REVERSE RACISM is alive and well in the USA. A black mayor will give interviews one-on-one only to "black and brown" journalists. WHAT?

Posted - May 21, 2021

Responses

The fact of this story is that the mayor of Chicago is only doing this one time.  She’s not making it something permanent.  The opinion on this story that was expressed by some radio station hosts in Chicago was that this was all just a big ruse by the mayor to get the news media talking about something other than the more important issues in the city.
      May 21, 2021 2:59 PM MDT

Well that's a reasonable justification, isn't it?
      May 21, 2021 5:42 PM MDT

The headline was misleading because it makes it sound like from now on she’s only going to give interviews to black and brown journalists for the rest of time, which would be a racism, but I have a really hard time caring about this particular story.

I know lots of people really love politicians who are on their own side and take their side no matter what, but I wouldn’t expect anything more than this from a politician.  I don’t have a very high bar for them.  I think this is just a politician trolling the news media to make them pay attention to something else, and it worked very well.

May 21, 2021 6:24 PM MDT

I think it was a calculated risk for whatever point she hoped to make. I think it is appalling. For one time only she sinks to the level of the worst among us. Yes she made news doing it but to what end? She shows that blacks can be as rigid bigoted limited as white racists? I fail to see any benefit for anyone at any time. It's just my take on it. She did it this one time. One time only. Well you murder one person one time and you will always be a murderer. Among the things she will be known for? This? It saddens me greatly. Thank you for your reply and opinion Liv. To each his own. I could have lived without this. It matters to me that she did this. I won't forget it. She did rise above the crowd by doing this. She did stand out. A pity. :( This post was edited by RosieG at May 22, 2021 1:36 AM MDT
      May 22, 2021 1:35 AM MDT

Yep. Can you imagine if a white mayor said something like this?  Just this one time? This post was edited by my2cents at May 21, 2021 7:23 PM MDT
      May 21, 2021 5:29 PM MDT