Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Mugger informed me that some folks play both sides of the board in a game of chess. I don't see how but I believe him. Do you or have you?

A Mugger informed me that some folks play both sides of the board in a game of chess. I don't see how but I believe him. Do you or have you?

Posted - May 23, 2021

Responses

Yes. It is a great way to test new strategies.
      May 23, 2021 4:24 AM MDT

So you're a GENIUS then I guess. When I was a kid I liked to play Checkers. My cousin Bobby would play a game of Checkers with me if I played a game of Chess with him. I like Chess. I just never was good at it. I never won. Fast forward. I never won a game with anyone. I have no ability to visualize. It sucks. Thank you for your reply! :) So no I will not play Chess with you no matter how much you IMPLORE me to so don't okay? :)
      May 23, 2021 4:37 AM MDT

I think we can play on the Mug. :)
    https://answermug.com/games/multiple

May 23, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

OMG(osh) m2c! I just checked it out! I'm blown away! Okay. So how did you get there? I just checked the bottom of this screen and I see nothing about GAMES there. So do I come back to this reply of yours to access it or how do I get there on my own futurely? Thanks pal. Looks like a lotta fun! Do you play any of them? ((hugs))
      May 23, 2021 7:02 AM MDT

I have played some. I may still have the top score on a couple. 

At the top menu
    Click on Games
    It will give options go to: Muggers Only (there will be two mugs. Muggers only will be on the left side)  
    Then it should bring you to the games availble. 

This post was edited by my2cents at May 23, 2021 8:10 AM MDT
      May 23, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

Okey dokey m2c. Thanks. Do other Muggers know about all those games? They look like fun! :)
      May 23, 2021 8:11 AM MDT

I know some do because different players are on the leader scores.
      May 23, 2021 8:54 AM MDT

I imagine they do so to develop and test their own strategies but it must be difficult because you must be thinking the same way as both self and "opponent".

Chess puzzles are effectively that sort of game, but rather artificial. They usually take the last few moves of a particular game, often at championship level, and invite you to work out how one side or the other won the real match in the given number of moves.
      May 24, 2021 1:48 AM MDT