Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are all "Semites" Jewish or are other ethnic groups Semites too?

Are all "Semites" Jewish or are other ethnic groups Semites too?

Posted - May 25, 2021

Responses

"Semite, member of a people speaking any of a group of related languages presumably derived from a common language, Semitic (see Semitic languages). The term came to include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Hebrews, some Ethiopians, and Aramaean tribes. Mesopotamia, the western coast of the Mediterranean, the Arabian Peninsula, and the Horn of Africa have all been proposed as possible sites for the prehistoric origins of Semitic-speaking peoples, but no location has been definitively established."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Semite
      May 25, 2021 6:37 AM MDT

So Palestinians are not semites too? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 25, 2021 6:38 AM MDT

Palestinian Arabs are.  
      May 25, 2021 6:44 AM MDT

Thanks L. I think it's odd to hate your own kind but that's what homo saps are very good at doing. Sad. Thank you for your reply.
      May 26, 2021 5:50 AM MDT

I agree and it is very sad.
      May 26, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

Do you ever wonder who was "the first" to do or say or think or act? I do wonder a lot about a lot.  Sigh. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      May 26, 2021 12:50 PM MDT

It was actually the British, after WWII, who ceded some territory to what is now Israel.  I guess the Palestinians didn't like that and, rather than accommodate them, they preferred to fight them.  In 1967, the Israelis bet the crap out of them, but when all was said ad done, Israel gave back some of the land it won.  That was not enough for the Palestinians - they wanted it, all and they wanted every Israeli forced into the ocean.  They still do, so how do you "compromise" with that stance?
      May 26, 2021 1:32 PM MDT

What about the settlements on the Gaza strip? Why did Net take them and move Jewish folks into them to build and live?
    What was to be isn't from what I can tell. Also how the Palestinians are being treated and  forced to live if true is UNCONSCIONABLE.
    I know we will never understand the position of the other. I am neither one...you are so it would be odd if you weren't pro whatever Israel does and anti anything Palestinian. What you've read and what I read are obviously not the same thing.  I don't know why but it is what it is. Thank you for your reply. I would not go against anything Armenian either I suppose. We're natured to be that way. Not FAIR but pro us always and forever till death us do part and anti "the other" always and forever. Natural Normal Predictable. Elsewise you are going against your own people and who does that?
    This post was edited by RosieG at June 4, 2021 10:10 AM MDT
      June 4, 2021 7:17 AM MDT