Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » WHAT IF we could choose our DNA? What would you choose to be that you aren't already?

WHAT IF we could choose our DNA? What would you choose to be that you aren't already?

Posted - May 26, 2021

Responses

I would definitely select a higher metabolism.

Now, if I wanted to get sci-fi with it ... splice in some DNA of the "immortal jellyfish".  
    I wouldn't die, just regress and be reborn.

Maybe the DNA to have bioluminescence, and night vision.
      May 26, 2021 1:26 PM MDT

"....regress and be reborn?" Like the PHOENIX that rises up out of its own ashes Walt? And what pray tell is an 'immortal jellyfish"? Did you just coin that or is there such a thing? I think jellyfish are among the weirdest looking creatures there are. Very other worldly. Now that bioluminescence? I'd LOVE that. I adore sparkly and glowing. But if you are that don't you attract predators to you? How about a chameleon? Don't they adapt to whatever the background they're in so you can't really see them? I'd like to be whip smart so I could be a quantum physicist and explore the realm of possibility having the kind of mind that could figure things out. Maybe on the next go-around? As for a higher metabolism I couldn't handle it. I already weigh every morning to make sure I haven't lost weight. That's what you live with sometimes after you survive cancer. Unexplained weight loss is never a good sign. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      May 27, 2021 3:41 AM MDT

The "immortal jellyfish" is actually a real jellyfish:

Immortal Jellyfish

May 27, 2021 8:01 AM MDT

I think jellyfish are among the most weirdest creatures there are. You'd choose THAT? Well as I've said a bajillion times here if I had the brains I'd have been a quantum physicist. I'd like to have the brains of any one of them. Richard Feynman was a real character. Dr. Hawking led a very physically limited life for decades but that didn't affect his mind one bit. I like Micnio Kaku. He shows up from time to time on TV. Or Kip Thorne who worked a lot with Dr. Hawking. Know what I just noticed which is odd? I call the others by their full names but not Dr. Hawking? Why is that I wonder? Thank you for your reply Walt. So SECOND BEST what would you choose other than another type of jellyfish? Inquiring minds wanna know! :)
      June 4, 2021 7:03 AM MDT

Emperor.
      May 26, 2021 1:49 PM MDT

Seriously? Would you be benevolent or evil? Thank you for your reply E.
      May 27, 2021 3:42 AM MDT

I would be a good guy.
      May 27, 2021 8:33 AM MDT

You ARE a good guy. It's just that sometimes you get bored with being that and go offtrack. But you always come back. I won't tell anyone. It will be our secret! :)
      June 4, 2021 6:55 AM MDT

Thanks.
      June 4, 2021 7:14 AM MDT

Vell you're entirely vellcome! :)
      June 4, 2021 7:33 AM MDT