Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you have MORE THAN YOU NEED is it enough? It ought to be. Logically. Know what's so perverse about some rich saps?

When you have MORE THAN YOU NEED is it enough? It ought to be. Logically. Know what's so perverse about some rich saps?

The more they have they more they want the more they want the more they NEED. Eventually all want becomes a NEED and what they need they will never stop seeking.

It works obversely perversely conversely.

The more you have the LESS you should need or want.

But with them it stokes a fire in the belly and closes off all manner of logical thought. GET WHAT YOU CAN WHILE CAN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND DAM* THOSE WHO GET IN THE WAY OF THAT!

That are born the obscenely wealth flocks of a feather that fight paying their "fair" share since they believe it is UNFAIR to ask for anything. A vicious cycle. A vicious circle. The only thinking is circular.

Vye vye vye vye vye. It is what it isl Suck it up. it won't change.

Posted - May 27, 2021

Responses

I have to believe that amassing material items and money becomes a challenge - even to those who are born to wealth or acquire it later on.  The more you have, the more you want.  It's one-upsmanship with other extremely wealthy people.  This billionaire gets a 500 ft. yacht so the next billionaire has to get a 550 ft. yacht and so on and so forth.  I'm not that competitive.  I have what I need and I'm able to buy what I want.  That's good enough for me.  I don't have to prove anything to anyone.  
      May 27, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

So what it always boils down to is "MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS"? That's it? OMG. Well we have what we need and we can buy what we want providing what we want isn't something very expensive. We're pretty happy with the lives we lead. Modest but then we are not fancy people. What would we like that we don't have? A nice home of our own and not rent. All things considered that's quite lucky in this day and age so we don't dwell on it. Thank you for your reply L! The secret to being happy? Wanting what you have. We do and so do you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 27, 2021 8:33 AM MDT
      May 27, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

Pretty much.  That's not how I want to live.  There is really nothing that I want that I can't afford.  I live modestly and within my means.  
      May 27, 2021 8:18 AM MDT

It begins and ends inside the head as you well know m'dear. What you think depends how you think of even worse if you think. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 27, 2021 8:45 AM MDT
      May 27, 2021 8:20 AM MDT

Sometimes I feel that these kinds of people who never have enough and who are constantly trying to outdo someone else are themselves lacking in some way.  It must be exhausting to have to constantly try to show everyone you're more successful, better than or more important than others.
      May 27, 2021 8:47 AM MDT

I bet they had parents who taught how to be that. I don't think it's inborn do you? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 3, 2021 9:22 AM MDT

No, I don't think that type of behavior is inborn.
      June 3, 2021 10:08 AM MDT

Nurtured. Which means it could be fixed. Good ta know! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 4, 2021 5:41 AM MDT

It can be fixed if it's caught early.  Someone Trump's age will not change.
      June 4, 2021 6:26 AM MDT

I suspect he was never "born". He was made on a production line somewhere in time. Filled with the defective aspects of evil. Nothing human about him and as for humane he can't relate at all to that abstract concept. A piece of junk. Where's the junk drawer? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 4, 2021 6:52 AM MDT

I wouldn't even make room for him in my junk drawer!

Edited "hunk" to "junk." This post was edited by SpunkySenior at June 9, 2021 7:32 AM MDT
      June 4, 2021 10:13 AM MDT

Except how do you dispose of him? Bury him and poison the ground? Blow him up and poison the air/water? Best thing is lock him up for eternity if not in a junk drawer then a solitary confinement dungeon on Alcatraz or Devil's Island. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 9, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

Solitary works for me.  
      June 9, 2021 7:32 AM MDT