Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's very interesting but puzzling how and why so many people have so much money to spend on TRAVELING. Isn't it?

It's very interesting but puzzling how and why so many people have so much money to spend on TRAVELING. Isn't it?

Food
Sheltering
Paying bills

I thought that's what millions have been struggling to do. Are any of THEM TRAVELING TOO?

Seriously?

Someone is lying about something.

Posted - May 27, 2021

Responses

People will do what they want to do.  I have seem people who have zero money somehow manage to scrape up enough to ether travel or purchase a luxury item.  They say things like, "you can't take it with you", or, "you only live once", or "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it".

To me it seems insanely stupid for anyone to do/buy something they (or I) know they can't afford (it drives me nuts to see it).  But I have to realize that this is how MY mind works, not theirs.  From their point of view I'm the weirdo.  They see me as not "enjoying life".   (I have actually been told this on numerous occasions).

Of course, I may not have all the information either.  One moment I see someone so poor they have to rely on food banks to survive, the next they're jetting off to Hawaii on a vacation.  Perhaps what I don't know is that they suddenly inherited a lot of money, or perhaps they landed a good paying job.  Perhaps someone else is footing the bill (such as another family member or a friend).  or maybe... just maybe... they were lying.
      May 27, 2021 1:43 PM MDT

Gosh that's the last thing I'd ever charge you with...not enjoying life. I do think you're very hard on yourself and don't give yourself enough credit but that's just me looking in. My goodness your views and observations and opinions about things show me that you are always CONNECTED, PLUGGED IN and participating. Maybe from a distance like me but so what? We pay attention. Care. Keep hoping things will get better for those who are suffering. Of course you're right. I don't have all the information. Appearances are deceiving. The economy seems to be on an upswing. But we've just come through a year of HE** for so many who lost jobs and homes and then I hear that airports are jammed crammed with travelers and millions are hitting the skies. It doesn't compute but then my software is old. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Friday. The San Jose tragedy is chilling. Anything that goes on "up north" and I think of you. You told me where you live and it's not in San Jose but still you live "up north" and San Jose is "up north" from me and well I wonder what city will be next vis a vis another gun-related massacre? I guess we'll find out! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 28, 2021 11:47 AM MDT
      May 28, 2021 2:06 AM MDT