Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Language » I guess we all waste time whether we want to or not. Is there a particular area where more of your time is wasted than others? Where?

I guess we all waste time whether we want to or not. Is there a particular area where more of your time is wasted than others? Where?

Posted - October 26, 2016

Responses

I'd have to say I waste a lot of time on my iphone/ipad playing games.
      October 26, 2016 6:34 AM MDT

Hi there PC! I have neither one. I just have my desk-top computer! Jim has a cell phone which I avoid using because I am not fan and we have a landline which is sufficient telephone for me. But I do like the fact that when he is out and about I can always reach him and if he should run into trouble he has a way to communicate and get help! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      October 26, 2016 6:57 AM MDT

I guess I'd have to say I waste more time on my computer, both at work and at home, than anywhere else.  If I have no work to do, I'm on line.
      October 26, 2016 9:10 AM MDT

Well what do you do online Spunky?  Don't you learn things you didn't know before? You research or engage with others so at the end of the time you are not the same person you were. You are more knowledgeable. Maybe you learn things you didn't care to know but still I don't see that as time wasted. I play a game called Bespelled. It's offline. It's like Scrabble and I am addicted to it. But I don't waste my time since it helps sharpen my mind. Otherwise I email or I come to Answermug and chat with folks like you ( a distinct pleasure by the way) or I look up things. Just this morning I made an appointment for Jim at the DMV  on the internet!  In the long-ago olden days before the internet if you wanted to research anything it meant hours in the library. Often the books you needed were the kind you could not check out. How much more convenient is it this way?  Maybe you compare ticket costs  or hotel costs or purchase things online cheaper than you could if you went to the store. Some folks get some real bargains that way. So how can you possibly waste time? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 3, 2016 3:40 AM MDT

Hi, Rosie.  Yes. I do all those things on line, but there is less and less to do on my job all the time.  It isn't like it used to be and I'm not as enthusiatic about coming in every day the way I used to be.  Yes, the Internet has made things easier in many ways.  As for being around people, sometimes, the people you find yourself around at work aren't the people you'd choose to be around. :)  Have a great Thursday. :)

November 3, 2016 10:08 AM MDT

This laptop.  Geez, if I am not online, I am scanning in old family slides and photos and color correcting them.  

I actually need a few new keys to this cheap keyboard that are cracked and falling off.  No kidding.
      October 26, 2016 9:16 AM MDT

You can get a mildly used keyboard anyplace for very cheap in most thrift stores.  Plus they don't cost that much new either.  Time to splurge.
      October 26, 2016 9:18 AM MDT

This is a laptop, so the part has to be ordered online to match this model.  IT hubby says he's taking care of this.  

I really do need another hobby.  lol
      October 26, 2016 9:21 AM MDT

If your laptop has wireless capabilities, you can get a wireless keyboard.  Probably cheaper than replacing the laptop's keyboard 
      October 26, 2016 10:28 AM MDT

Thanks!  I will have to see about that.
      October 26, 2016 10:32 AM MDT

You are quite welcome. 

October 26, 2016 10:33 AM MDT

How is that wasting time my friend? You are accomplishing something. I don't see how anyone wastes time. Well unless of course it is playing a mindless game. In my opinion. Isn't there a game about candy? I mean seriously that would be a waste of time in my opinion. Otherwise however you spend your time don't you end up knowing more than you did before? Thank you for your reply PeaPod and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 3, 2016 3:43 AM MDT

Thank-you Rosie.  I think there is a part of me that has lost some sense of being a productive person since I got laid off and never went back into the job market.  It's just my personality.  I always had to work to get by.
      November 3, 2016 2:48 PM MDT

• 40 hours a week at work.
      October 26, 2016 8:14 PM MDT