Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Anyone remember actor Steven Sagal? In 2016 Vald Putin granted him Russian Citizenship and he joined the pro putin political party. What?

Anyone remember actor Steven Sagal? In 2016 Vald Putin granted him Russian Citizenship and he joined the pro putin political party. What?

That means he has been a Russian citizen for 5 years and gave up being American.

Whatever nationality you are could you give up your birthland and cleave unto another?

Posted - June 1, 2021

Responses

Yes, I remember Steven Seagal. He was granted citizenship, in not only Russia but Serbia as well. The reason given for this is because he wanted to open up martial arts schools in these countries. If he has any other motives besides opening up martial arts schools, I don't know what they are.

Also, as far as I know, Seagal didn't give up his American citizenship. Maybe he will someday, who knows. Would I give up my birthland to live in another? No, I would not. There is no other country in which I would rather live than the United States of America.
      June 1, 2021 11:44 AM MDT

It's Russia ... there is no political party that is not either pro-Putin, or is at risk of imprisonment, torture, and death.

Would I leave the US?
    Yes. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at June 2, 2021 2:18 AM MDT
      June 1, 2021 12:38 PM MDT

What I ask though apparently not clearly is WOULD YOU GIVE  UP YOUR CITIZENSHIP TO BECOME A CITIZEN OF ANOTHER COUNTRY?

Now would you? Which country? For me two possibilities of where I'd probably enjoy living. Canada and Australia. But I would never give up my citizenship. My parents and grandparents FLED to America from certain death to become Americans. I'm first generation. That would be a SLAP in the face and SMACKDOWN to them. The gravest INSULT. Exchanging American citizenship? Not on your life. But you would? Thank you for your reply Walt. This post was edited by RosieG at June 2, 2021 2:21 AM MDT
      June 2, 2021 2:21 AM MDT