Active Now

Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » How do you respond to telemarketers? (if you answer them)

How do you respond to telemarketers? (if you answer them)

Posted - October 26, 2016

Responses

If I were to ever answer them, which I no longer do because most are robocalls, I tell them to "hang on" and just walk away from the phone.
      October 26, 2016 12:33 PM MDT

I got one a few minutes ago and put the phone in front of the speaker of the radio I am listening to.
      October 26, 2016 12:39 PM MDT

I used to do that too!  I would find a religious station and put the phone in front of it.  
      October 26, 2016 3:16 PM MDT

They usually hang up on me before I'm done. Lol.
      October 26, 2016 1:05 PM MDT

Back in the day, I was plagued by constant telemarketers. I was trying to run my business and they would not stop talking. They were interfering with my sales. One day I was with a customer and the phone rang. It was a telemarketer. As the non-stop talker rattled on without a break, I just set the phone down. I dealt with the customer and after he left, I noticed that the phone was still on. I picked it up, and the telemarketer was still doing his talk! It had been 30 minutes since I set the phone down! 
      October 26, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

I used to mess with them, but this guy is a master at it.

October 26, 2016 2:02 PM MDT

I get very few telemarketing calls as I've had an unlisted number for decades.  Usually, when one does slip through, I just keep saying I'm not interested until they give up.
      October 26, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

Yes.  This is yet ANOTHER question I have answered at least 1000 times before and everyone thinks they are being so clever with their shocking telemarketing put downs.

LISTEN.  I have been every type of telemarketer you can think of.   If you want to GET to one?   Let them drone on and on and keep them on the phone and after they almost get you to sign on the dotted line YELL SUCKA and hang up and turn on your answering machine.

That is the only thing that works.  The very poor portion of our  black community is the best.  They are so patient and will happily hand over the numbers of a declined credit card and keep it up for as long as you ask.   They have lots of them.   BRILLIANT PLOY. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 27, 2016 12:12 PM MDT
      October 26, 2016 3:29 PM MDT

• Them black folk are something else aren't they? 
      October 26, 2016 3:34 PM MDT