Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Israel is asking the US for ONE BILLION DOLLARS in military aid. The US will give it right? ONE BILLION to buy weapons or K RATIONS?

Israel is asking the US for ONE BILLION DOLLARS in military aid. The US will give it right? ONE BILLION to buy weapons or K RATIONS?

Posted - June 3, 2021

Responses

It shouldn't be surprising, but sending military hardware to Israel actually benefits the US.
    Why?
    The vast majority of their neighbors purchase military hardware from Russia.
    So the Israeli military is a front-line testing ground, against actual Russian training/hardware.
    Then they relay the intelligence they get from such interactions to us.
    Not to mention the Israelis also update the equipment to work better against those enemies - saving us some R&D costs.

That is why both sides of Congress tend to support sending military equipment to Israel, even though it may be used in ways we don't like.
      June 3, 2021 3:12 PM MDT

Once again I had no idea about what you just wrote Walt. So it's MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL then? A two-way street not just one? That is very good to know. That makes sense and is COMFORTING. Precious little is that these days. Thank you for that information. I suppose that is something I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN but didn't. Way too much of that. Alas! :(
      June 4, 2021 4:13 AM MDT