Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Finance » What item did you sell for peanuts, that is worth mucho bucks today?

What item did you sell for peanuts, that is worth mucho bucks today?

Hello:

I've always been on the wrong end of car deals.  I owned a 1958 Chevy Impala - sold it..  I owned a 1966 Volkswagen window van with a Porsche engine..  It's gone.  My first car was a '46 Ford.  Chopped the top off..  Any one of 'em could send my grandchildren through college.

excon

Posted - June 8, 2021

Responses

I don't believe I've sold anything that was worth more than I got for it later on.  A long time ago, when I was a kid, my mom gave away (for nothing!) a set of Lionel trains to the child of a neighbor who had immigrated from Cuba.  They were very poor and mom felt sorry for them.  Those trains are probably worth a small fortune today.
      June 8, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

Hello SS:

I had a Lionel train set..  Gone too.  Where, I have no idea..  Had a 3 fingered baseball mit.  Wonder how much my Schwinn bike would be worth?

OMG!  I coulda been RICH..

excon This post was edited by excon at June 9, 2021 6:59 AM MDT
      June 8, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

When I was a kid I started collecting hockey cards from the 50s. I could get 3 of them free by tearing part of a label from a 10 pound can of Beehive Golden corn syrup and sending away. I never sold them, my mother gave a lot of my stuff away after I left home. The cards were black & white photos, 4 inch by 8 inch I think.
      June 8, 2021 10:57 PM MDT

Hello K

Wow!

excon

June 9, 2021 7:27 AM MDT