Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do any religions treat men and women as equals or does misogyny lurk within all of them to one extent or the other?

Do any religions treat men and women as equals or does misogyny lurk within all of them to one extent or the other?

Posted - June 9, 2021

Responses

I don't know of any religion that treats women as equal to men.
    Of course, every religion I know of was written by men - and when women were viewed as chattel.
      June 9, 2021 7:59 AM MDT

Ya know what Walt? I figgered as much! Why? From earliest times was the need to be "more better than" or "superior to" inbred...born in the dna of men? Generally speaking men are stronger than women. I know. Lotsa exceptions  but not enuff to change the rule. Is that the "why" of it? Their own gender gave them trouble. But women? Rare is the woman who outstrengths and outweighs and outmuscles a man. Brute force is the advantage and well brutes take advantage of their advantages. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 9, 2021 10:08 AM MDT

Any Christian who follows the Bible would treat women as equals as the Bible commands even from the Old Testament times. 
      June 9, 2021 3:25 PM MDT