Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Up your nose with a rubber hose". Vinny Barbarino said that on the TV show Welcome Back Kotter decades ago. Whaddabout?

"Up your nose with a rubber hose". Vinny Barbarino said that on the TV show Welcome Back Kotter decades ago. Whaddabout?

Up your a** with a piece of glass?

I thought it so I thought I'd share it.

What would you like to say to someone you want to say "stuff it up where the sun don't shine"?

Posted - June 10, 2021

Responses

I like the chorus of the song May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose by Ernest Tubb:

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose
    May an elephant caress you with its toes
    May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose
    May the bird of paradise fly up your nose

I also like the southern expression Bless your heart to tell someone they are being stupid.
      June 10, 2021 7:06 AM MDT

Never heard that one Walt! Even if you had a VERY BIG NOSE WITH VERY BIG NOSTRILS and a very small bird that would smart rightly big don't you think? It's funny and so thanks for sharing it with us! Well that "bless your heart" would need to be followed by "stupid" to differentiate it from "bless your heart" when someone says or does something very kind, considerate and helpful. Right? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      June 10, 2021 7:11 AM MDT

I dunno.
    I've only heard people say it when the person is being stupid.  
    Plus, there's a certain tone of voice ... like they're talking to a small child.  lol
      June 10, 2021 10:59 AM MDT

Oh lordy that's terrible! I SAY IT ALL THE TIME and I have never once said in that context. Do you suppose others take it the way you do? We were out and about today and I know I said it to three different people. Oh geez. THAT'S GAWDAWFUL. If I said "bless you" to you surely you wouldn't take it the way you say you would. Would you? After all this time getting to engage with each other? Now I am seriously worried about it. I say "bless you" like thank you...only a few notches up. How do you take it when people say "thank you"? I'm being a bit facetious but not entirely. Thank you for your reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 10, 2021 11:26 AM MDT
      June 10, 2021 11:22 AM MDT