Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Grim and grimmer. The Hoover Dam is at a record low meaning there is a water shortage. Western states in trouble. The state of YOUR state?

Grim and grimmer. The Hoover Dam is at a record low meaning there is a water shortage. Western states in trouble. The state of YOUR state?

DROUGHT IS BAAAACK. Very dry weather. In California the "fire season" has been extended by 75 days. Wildfires are an ever-present threat during the summer. With less water available to fight them This year could be worse than last year. It is not just California.

Utah is not doing much better. They are told to "pray" for rain and they are not joking.

Arizona, Nevada and Colorado too. Lake Mead in Nevada gets its water from the Colorado River.

Dropping water levels also means less power.

Climate change is not bringing anything we need.

Enjoy that glass of water. It might be doled out and RATIONED the way butter and sugar was during WW2. I'm not kidding you.

Posted - June 10, 2021

Responses

This is the drought map of New York State as of June 10, 2021.  

June 10, 2021 7:32 AM MDT

OMG(osh)! That is scaring the bejibbers outta me L! Et tu? This is not good. It is TERRIBLE. Thank you for the map and your reply. Condolences to all of us. :(
      June 10, 2021 8:00 AM MDT

I'm down at the bottom east of the state, so we're in good shape.  I'm not happy for the rest of the country which is facing a really severe drought and, especially in CA where the forest fires, when the start, are so devastating.
      June 10, 2021 9:34 AM MDT

I know. I AM worried a lot about what lies ahead of us. We have the makings of a "perfect storm" of extreme heat, no rain, hign winds. Getting through this year with minimal damage? I sure hope it's doable. Thank you for your reply L. I'm glad you're away from the worst of it. We are too. But still what affects our states affects us too! :(
      June 10, 2021 12:58 PM MDT

What affects your state affects the country, especially when it comes to agriculture.  I hope they are wrong and that the fire season will be nothing as bad as last year.
      June 10, 2021 9:11 PM MDT

From your lips to the heavens may it be so! Us too. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you L! :)
      June 11, 2021 2:11 AM MDT

That's awful. I have an aunt who lives in Sun City, AZ. Lake Erie provides us with plenty of cheap, fresh water. Some rural ares here are having mini-droughts, but nothing like yours.
      June 10, 2021 12:53 PM MDT

Your proximity to the GREAT LAKES is a very good thing E. I just hope it isn't going to be WORSE than last year here in California. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      June 10, 2021 1:05 PM MDT