Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » 117 Texas hospital employees file lawsuit against hospital saying people should not be required to get vaccinated to keep their jobs. AGREE?

117 Texas hospital employees file lawsuit against hospital saying people should not be required to get vaccinated to keep their jobs. AGREE?

Posted - June 10, 2021

Responses

My hospital doesn't "require" it, but ... if you come down with symptoms, there are 2 paths:

1 - You didn't get the vaccine.  You are forced to take 2 weeks off, without pay (unless you use your PTO).  Then have to have a negative test result to come back to work.

2 - If you did get the vaccine, you get an immediate test from the Employee Health department, and get the result in an hour.

btw - this is the same policy they follow, for employees who do not get the flu shot. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at June 10, 2021 11:16 AM MDT
      June 10, 2021 11:04 AM MDT

Oh? That's VERY GOOD TO KNOW Walt. They get tested and tested and tested up the kazoo. I LIKE IT BIGLY. I'd like it better if EVERYONE got the vaccine but who always gets what they'd like "better"? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 10, 2021 11:18 AM MDT