Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Conspiracy theorists claim the vaccines MAGNETIZE people.An antivax con theo held a key to her neck to prove it. Didn't stick. ICK?

Conspiracy theorists claim the vaccines MAGNETIZE people.An antivax con theo held a key to her neck to prove it. Didn't stick. ICK?

Posted - June 11, 2021

Responses

I didn't see that one.
    I have seen several where they hold the magnet to their arm (where they got the shot) and it sticks.
      June 11, 2021 11:31 AM MDT

Who does that Walt? I mean seriously? Now Shuhak says it's a standard party trick for 5 year olds. I never heard of it before but then that's true of so many things. I think I've led a very sheltered life. I just didn't realize it! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      June 12, 2021 2:44 AM MDT

Maybe the key was brass.
      June 11, 2021 4:41 PM MDT

That would make a difference E? Some metals cannot be magnetized then? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      June 12, 2021 2:49 AM MDT

It's not so much whether the metal can be magnetised, i.e. made to be a magnet, as whether it is magnetic. Most metals, including brass and its constituents, copper and zinc alone, are neither.

I expect the silly woman is now trying to invent some conspiracy "theory" to explain why her demonstration would not work.
      June 13, 2021 3:54 PM MDT

Your first sentence GRABBED ME Durdle. "It's not so much whether the metal can be magnetized as whether it is magnetic. So some metals are NATURALLY magnetic and some can be magnetized? Okay. So what is it that makes some metal naturally magnetic? If that's a dumb question apologies. Some rocks are magnetic. Here's a question. Is there metal in rocks and is that what is magnetic? Can stone be magnetized? Thank you for your informative reply m'dear! :)
      June 14, 2021 3:49 AM MDT

That was hilarious!  Did you notice the expression on lady beside her?  It went from serious to "holy crap, what a whack job".  
    You know, if you get a bit of sweat going, any small metal object will stick to you.  That's a standard party trick for 5 year olds.  
      June 11, 2021 5:05 PM MDT

They are without a doubt the most hilariously "sincere" idiots aren't they? I did not know that about sweat. You say a "standard party trick for 5 year olds". I musta missed out on the parties! Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Saturday to you and yours. How's your weather "up north"? Here's our projected 8-day and I'm not joking! Starting with today.... 97 99 105 110 107 105 105 102. Can you top THAT? Gosh I hope not! :)
      June 12, 2021 2:42 AM MDT

We're on the backside of a cold spell (it was 39 Thursday morning). High temps were in the mid 60's.  

No, I can't top that.  The NWS 7 day forecast here is - 82, 82, 80, 83, 95, 99, 99. 

However, the GFS and ECMWF forecast maps have us around 108 Thursday and Friday, with lows in the upper 70's to 80 (NWS forecasts lows at 70).  Considering normal is 55 and 85 , it's going to be bad either way.  These same maps called the 39 on Thursday while the NWS forecast was 43.
      June 12, 2021 12:36 PM MDT

Here's ours m'dear starting with today, Sunday, JUNE 13, 2021. OY VEY! :(
    100 105 112 106 105 107 107 98  Talking about the weather supposedly/allegedly means you have nothing else to talk about. BALONEY say I. But THESE temps this early in the year bodes exceedingly BAD coupled with drought and fires that await. Condolences to us...you more so. I can't wait to get on the other side of the summer. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Sunday to thee and thine.
      June 13, 2021 3:00 AM MDT

Wow!! That's HOT!!  Stay cool!!!! 

Since my hobby is meteorology I love talking about weather.
      June 13, 2021 11:49 AM MDT

OKAY m'dear then you won't mind if I whinya** my way through the summer and CRY (metaphorically) on your shoulder? I mean of you LOVE talking about and I LOVE complaining about it we can be there for each other. You are in greater threat of bad fires. I sure hope something has been done since last year to minimize that. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      June 14, 2021 6:57 AM MDT

Obesity is a problem in America. Perhaps its not magnetism that makes the key stick, but the fact that peeps are getting so fat that they have noticeable gravitational fields?
      June 14, 2021 4:54 AM MDT

Something like 50% of more of adults are obese but the scary awful thing is that's about the same percentage of obese CHILDREN. Obestity will set them up for a life of debilitating diseases. You say anything about diet here and you get slammed for your NERVE! If the adults want to shorten their lives that's their privilege. But their children? That is parental ABUSE for sure. Why don't they get charged of crimes? Oh boy. I'm going to ask and you do know how slammed I will get for "fat shaming" right? I don't care R. here goes! Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 14, 2021 7:00 AM MDT