Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Mitigation efforts that have worked before ARE NOT WORKING with the new Delta variant virus". Are you unmasked/unvaccined STILL?

"Mitigation efforts that have worked before ARE NOT WORKING with the new Delta variant virus". Are you unmasked/unvaccined STILL?

"The worst variant yet'. The Delta variant.

We've opened up everything everywhere even so.

WHY?

Posted - June 18, 2021

Responses

I was wondering how Argentina was doing sirena! For weeks we've had vaccines open to all ages. We're exporting some in fact. We've been protected fully since April 22 (got the J&J vaccine April 8) but we still mask and social distance. I don't know about your country but in ours there are millions of people who refuse to get it. They are ANTI VAXXERS. Since we're old and no one knows precisely how long the vaccination protects or if the newest deadlier strain can be stopped by it we just are keeping on as we were. Thank you for your reply and letting us know your status m'dear. Take care. Happy Sunday to you and yours! :)
      June 20, 2021 1:54 AM MDT

• Argentina is still a COVID-19 disaster area.  We still have harsh restrictions, and we have more people who want to get the vaccines but can't.  They're not available here.  The government failed the vaccination program.

My brother and I have a vacation planned in two weeks.  We're going to go on vacation to the United States for a few weeks.  We received tourist visas today, and we booked our flight which cost us a fortune.  My brother has never been there before.  While we're there, we'll stay with our cousin in Colorado for two weeks, then we'll stay with our cousin in South Dakota for two weeks.  We also made appointments to get our COVID-19 shots in Colorado, which allows foreigners to get the COVID vaccines.  Our first shots are scheduled after we land in Denver, then we'll go back to Colorado from South Dakota and get our second shots a couple of days before we go home.

My cousins who live nearby are also taking a vacation to the United States.  They leave next week.  Since all of them are old enough to get vaccinated in the US, the whole family will get their shots.
      June 21, 2021 6:14 PM MDT

Gosh sirena how wonderful a plan for you and  members of your family to come here for a visit! But isn't it ridiculous that you have to get your vaccinations in a FOREIGN COUNTRY because your country failed you? I'm so sorry that is what you've experienced. Other countries have failed their citizens too. Once Joe became prez he focused on making vaccinations a TOP PRIORITY and now mostly the unvaccinated are the anti vaxxers. I hope you all have a glorious time during your visit here and go back home with wonderful memories. You'll be visiting with Livvie too? Anyway WELCOME TO AMERICA m'dear. May your flights be smooth and your visit PERFECT! Thank you for sharing that great news with us and Happy Tuesday to you and yours! :) ((hugs))
      June 22, 2021 1:51 AM MDT

No mask, no vaccine.

I social distance as normal lifestyle before covid. And continue to wash hands as normal. 
      June 20, 2021 7:46 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c. Good luck as well. I hope that the newer deadlier version that is sweeping the country isn't your downfall. Happy Tuesday to thee and thine.
      June 22, 2021 1:53 AM MDT

India has kicked it. Cases and deaths declining.   Again...under 70....99+% survival. 
      June 22, 2021 7:04 AM MDT

Well I wear a mask when the owner of the property or retail store where I am asks that I do. Otherwise no. My husband and I quite believe that a vital part of life is catching viruses from others and passing them on to others and we do not seek to avoid that or exempt ourselves from that.  Drugs, whatever good they may do, also make us less alive by curtailing our full human potentials. 
      June 23, 2021 9:41 PM MDT