Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A very astute smart Answerbag/Answermug friend (NICE JUGS) told me years ago the final war would be over water. Are we there yet?

A very astute smart Answerbag/Answermug friend (NICE JUGS) told me years ago the final war would be over water. Are we there yet?

Posted - June 20, 2021

Responses

If the drought in the West continues, I do believe there will be a war over water and food.  Ranchers and farmers will not be able to feed/water their herds or crops.  Food will become scarce and people will fight over what little there is left.  

The really ironic thing is that the south is being drowned and the west is in drought.  Unfortunate there's no way to get water from the areas where it's overflowing to the areas that need it.  
      June 20, 2021 10:24 AM MDT

We can go to the moon. And bring back astronauts alive. We can live on/in space stations for months. But we can't control the weather. I dunno. There SHOULD BE something we can do. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 21, 2021 3:30 AM MDT

You would also think that after our successes in space, we could come up with a cure for cancer - or at least the common cold. :)
      June 21, 2021 7:55 AM MDT

That's what's so weird L. There are some absolutely fantastic fabulous achievements of which we can be extremely proud. Degree of difficulty is overcome somehow. And yet here we are victim of the quirkiness of weather. Victims of microbes and bacteria. Victims of one another. Makes no sense. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 22, 2021 2:55 AM MDT

That just reinforces my belief that Mother Nature sends us these fatal diseases to assure that the earth is not overpopulated and we all starve to death.  Just when we conquer one disease, another crops up to take its place.  
      June 22, 2021 10:16 AM MDT

Something's going on for sure. Will we ever KNOW? I don't know. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 22, 2021 1:16 PM MDT