Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » On the first day of summer in the USA the announcement is made that a booster shot will be available for rollout in autumn! Didja know?

On the first day of summer in the USA the announcement is made that a booster shot will be available for rollout in autumn! Didja know?

They gotta test and trial to see what formula will be most effective since they DO NOT EVEN KNOW FOR HOW LONG THE INITIAL VACCINES ARE EFFECTIVE!

Great. I say good luck with that. Meanwhile brace yourselves for a life of vaccines and booster shots up the ying yang.

Posted - June 21, 2021

Responses

I get a booster shot of the tetanus vaccine every time I visit the ER room.  I'd much rather put up with a painful arm from the shot for a few days than to get tetanus.
    I get a booster shot for the flu every year.  It may only be 60% effective and not target the current flu variants, but I'd rather take my chances on the shot than not.  Flu is a killer.  60% is better than 0%.
    It'll take some time to "cleanse the gene pool".  Until then, COVID vrarients will proliferate.  I'd much rather take my chances with a booster than to get COVID.

I'm quite accustomed to being a human pincushion.  What's one more jab?
      June 21, 2021 1:51 PM MDT

That, m'dear, is the reaction of a STOIC. I revert to that state of being when I need a breather from caring so much about anything. I can't sustain it 24/7 so I Stoicize for awhile. It helps a lot believe it or not. That's what I did when I got the news that I had Stage 3 cancer! I immediately flipped into my STOIC mode and stayed there for years. After ten years out (2018) my oncologist released me from any future checkups. She said the odds of the cancer coming back after ten years was exceedlingly remote! Good ta know. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 22, 2021 5:30 AM MDT