Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is today a day we are determined to be happy? How are you doing so far?

Is today a day we are determined to be happy? How are you doing so far?

Posted - June 25, 2021

Responses

My popcorn machine is still broken.  :  (
      June 25, 2021 2:35 PM MDT

Did you always only make popcorn via a "machine" BB? Never add some oil to a pan, let it heat up, toss kernals of corn in, put on the lid and shake it rapidly across the stovetop burner until you begin hearing pop pop pop pop pop? VOILA! Popcorn with no machine. Try it. You might even like it better. That's what we do. The pan we use is stainless steel and I believe it is unbreakable. Had it many decades. Still going strong. Never in a repair shop. Never broken. Anything else I can help you with? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee BB! :)
      June 26, 2021 7:19 AM MDT

If you're determined to be happy ... that (IMO) implies you have to work at it.  
    And most people aren't happy about working.

I'm not determined to be happy ... or any other emotion.
    I just take them as they come.
    My friend says I'm indifferent to everything.  To which I respond: "eh."  lol
      June 25, 2021 3:11 PM MDT

What is there in life that is remotely worthwhile that you don't have to WORK at Walt? I shall ask. Unless you are under a lucky star and everything come easy to you well you to bust your a**. Now I've had some great grand good luck at times. I admit a couple of times great just fell in my lap without any effort. However I did not seek it at all. It was simply there. I cannot work at anything I don't know about now can I? Of course not. So I think you should RETHINK what you wrote. What do you have that you didn't work for? Being born of the parents you had? You are the product of their decision and you had nothing to do with it. Really. Think about it. Now yesterday I said to myself said I.."today I will be happy". Guess what? I was. All day. I said the same to meself today. "I will be happy today." So far so good. It works for me so if it doesn't work for condolences. A positive mindset never hurt anyone. Do you have one? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      June 26, 2021 7:12 AM MDT