Active Now

Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » My how the "mighty" have fallen. "Bill Gates hosted nude pool parties and got drunk pretty easily." Was he always a CREEP?

My how the "mighty" have fallen. "Bill Gates hosted nude pool parties and got drunk pretty easily." Was he always a CREEP?

Was he ever a "good" guy who did the right things or was he always a creep underneath?

Fallen idol. Clay feet.

Are they ALL LIKE THAT?

Posted - July 1, 2021

Responses

What consenting adults do in their own free time, is nobodies business but theirs.
      July 1, 2021 2:22 PM MDT

Certainement. C'est ca. Cheating on one's mate is de rigeur. Can you trust someone who cheats on his/her mate with anything? That is foolish in my opinion. Cheating is innate with many. So is lying. Your position is that whatever consenting adults is their own business. So if you have children what do you teach them about loyalty honesty? Do they know that as adults anything goes and it is no one's business? Seriously? Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee O. Sheesh.
      July 2, 2021 3:46 AM MDT

Wait...you didn't say 'cheating' in your question.
      July 2, 2021 4:15 PM MDT

Getting drunk pretty easily doesn't make one a creep.

Nor does hosting nude pool parties.

One may even be a pervert, without being a creep.

Now, if he was hitting on married individuals or children, or stalking someone - that would make him a creep.

July 1, 2021 2:40 PM MDT

CREEP

Definition 15.

A boring, disturbingly eccentric, painfully introverted or OBNOXIOUS person

So say you Walt. There are 22 definitions under the word. I calls 'em as I sees 'em of course. I think gender has something to do with it. I am old, old fashioned and I don't like LIARS a lot. I dislike betrayers and cheaters as well. I say so. That you and others disagree with me is your right. It changes nothing for me. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      July 2, 2021 3:41 AM MDT

I guess I'm also a creep, then.
    Many people would agree I fit the first three phrases.

lol
      July 2, 2021 6:57 AM MDT

Well m'dear you are not the best judge of that. If you were the first three do you really think I'd be talking to you all the time and looking forward to it? If you bored me why would I bother with you? As for disturbingly eccentric I have found zero about you that disturbs me and I am very eccentric so I don't see that as a problem. As I have told you at least a zillion times I WAS A PAINFULLY SHY child and still am. I am not an outgoing extrovert who loves to be around a lot of people. So what you say about yourself is very disturbing to me. Seriously. How can you see yourself so antithetically from the way I see you? Very weird. I shall have to dwell upon that. It simply does not compute. Of course you know you better than I know you. But only I know how I perceive you and you obviously don't have a clue about that. Shocking. Thank you for your reply. So now where are we exactly?
      July 2, 2021 7:21 AM MDT

Yes - but you only know my online persona, which is quite different from my "live" persona.
    I'm more comfortable dealing with people online, than in person.
    Thus my online persona doesn't fit those terms, while my "live" one does.

The first two are a result of the third.
    I am so introverted, that when I force myself to deal with others I often come across boring or disturbingly eccentric - depending on how "generous" the person describing me is.
    lol
      July 2, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

Why do you think I'm here so often? It's my social outlet. Otherwise I'd probably be a Hermit. Whatever you experience is probably not unknown to me. It might be of a different level but I totally get where you are coming from. I can be very boring in person. Why? I disappear inside me and am silent. How much fun is that to deal with? I don't know and I don't care. It's just out there I'm not always in control of what comes at me but here I am in total control of everything. I don't have to talk to people I'm unfond of. I don't have to check in or check out. I come and go without comment to anyone. My time here is always better spent for those I encounter...my "pals" as it were. The folks I TRUST. Out in the real world you are not protected from anything or anyone. Stuff comes at you out of the blue and what are you gonna do? I like people who are not me but enough like me to get me. Having to explain oneself is my least favorite thing to do. Like explaining a punchline. If you have to then the joke is destroyed. How you interact is something I can depend on. You tell me what you think and will go to great lengths to get through to me so I understand YET never once ever have you talked DOWN to me. That makes me livid when people do that. So I appreciate the person you present yourself to be here. What you are elsewhere doesn't affect me. I'll take your word for it. Thank you for your reply Walt. I appreciate it bigly! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 2, 2021 4:16 PM MDT
      July 2, 2021 8:14 AM MDT

What's wrong with a nude pool party. We had one before. (My first wife and I) And I have drunk a few times.
      July 1, 2021 3:54 PM MDT

I believe he did this WHILE HE WAS MARRIED. If you did too I don't want to know about it. Different strokes. Nudists get together all the time and don't mind exhibiting their bodies. Different strokes. I am not a fan of those who cheat on mates. Old lady. Old fashioned. Old values. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine. Nude pool party with all your friends? That m'dear is beyond my ken. Whatever works for you.
      July 2, 2021 3:28 AM MDT

My wife was in the pool; we weren't cheating.
      July 2, 2021 4:17 PM MDT

A nude pool party with your wife? Seriously? How does that relate to what my point is?
      July 3, 2021 2:36 AM MDT

It does relate...look at my other answer again.
      July 3, 2021 9:43 AM MDT

I can imagine Bill Gates  standing naked on the edge of the pool along  with a hundred other naked people all doing the twist well shouting - quake  the pool - quake the pool - quake the pool (quaking the pool is were a lot of people all jump in the pool at the same time). We have a saying in Canada  - work hard but play even harder - Bill  Gates has worked hard so he deserves to party hardy and as long as everybody is over 18 at his pool parties I have no problem with it. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 2, 2021 3:03 AM MDT
      July 1, 2021 4:21 PM MDT

I do have a problem with it. DEBAUCHERY is what he has engaged in. Not a love affair. But skanky creepy maudlin ugly sexual addiction apparently. That anyone finds that appealing is disgusting to me. BUT someone who was known for charitable giving to many good causes? Seriously? I know. Who am I to judge? Well I do. I like faithful honorable truthful loyal kind. So shoot me. I think it may be a gender thing but I can't be sure about that Nanoose. I find it exceedingly OFFENSIVE what he did but maybe guys just don't get that outraged about it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      July 2, 2021 3:09 AM MDT